2,597 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgansevoort hotelexhale spagrand deluxe roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtrendy hotelhotel guestsamazing hotelunion squaremini barnyc hotelby nyc standardslocation was perfectsubway stationtimes squareconcierge
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel beds should be comfy. Esp at $500/night + tax! The pillow top on this bed is soft but the coils are rock hard so you sink right through onto a rock hard surface. I felt back pain as soon as I laid down. Couldn't find a comfortable position. Tried asking for another room or a mattress pad but the front desk never got back to me. After tossing and turning all night, woke up twisted into a pretzel and feeling sore all over. If you can't get a comfortable night's sleep, nothing else really matters.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gigi_xoxo
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Gigi_xoxo,

Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologize for the lack of comfort you experienced. We agree that a good night’s sleep is crucial and we’re disappointed you were uncomfortable. We are immediately looking into the issue with the front desk to ensure responsive service. If you decide to stay with us again, our reservations team will do their best to place you in a sleeping arrangement that better suits your wishes. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns. Thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I visit NYC often and mostly stay at Hilton and Starwood properties. Since Gansevoort Park was close to my client, I decided to stay for a few days in September to try out the hotel. My entire stay of 4 nights was excellent from reservation to check out. Since then, I have stayed at the hotel several times primarily due to great service provided by the entire staff.

Special thanks to Brenn. She always takes care of your reservation details and makes every effort to accommodate your needs. Her warm personality and a smile is a great way to start your day especially in a place like NYC.

The hotel is different in class and service and provides a unique experience to business travelers. Rooftop is a great place to relax. On Monday and Tuesday evenings, Andrew Kal and the rooftop staff can make your week night to remember.

Not perfect for Hilton (Diamond) or Starwood(Platinum) members who are looking to accrue points and breakfast.

I am looking forward to my next stay at GPH.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe rooms with terrace or balcony - Facing 29th street
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank FKhan14

Dear FKhan14,

Thank you for the great review. We’re happy you landed on our doorstep this time around and enjoyed every aspect of it. Brenn, Andrew and the rest of our team will be thrilled with your sentiments! We know what a difference a warm smile can make and we strive to provide attentive, friendly service at all times. When you return, check out our restaurant Asellina for fresh Italian cuisine. Indulge in one of the many fine wine selections and a delicious pasta dish. We love the spicy tagliatelle with Manila clams, garlic and olive oil. There are also countless renowned eateries to check out in the vicinity. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stay at the Gansevoort Park Ave at least 2-3 times a month on business and love everything about the property! The staff is always friendly and wonderful, from the managers, to the concierge, to the front desk, to the maids and bell hops. The rooms are large for NYC and quite comfortable.

From my 20-30 stays within the last year and a half I have never had a problem! The only thing I can complain about is the reservationist Ani. She is VERY rude. You should have a pleasant individual help you book your room. You want to start your trip on the right foot, thinking positive things about the property, not on a sour note, which Ani has left a sour taste in my mouth with the things she has said to me, not just once, but multiple times. I would rather talk to Jill or Millie who are more professional and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BusyBusinessTravel

Dear BusyBusinessTravel,

Thank you for the review. First of all, we’re delighted you keep coming back for more during your business trips and we’d love to be your home-away-from-home in New York City. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Ani and will make our team aware of the issue. We strive to consistently provide seamless and friendly service and we hope your recent stay does not deter you from another visit. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Gansevoort Park Avenue when I was in New York City for the weekend. When I arrived at the hotel and checked in the young staff was very attentive and professional , and the great receptionist recognized it was my birthday and gave me a room upgrade.. So when i walked into my room i could believe my eyes, a balcony that you entertain at list 50 people and the room was so perfect decorate.. I will go back to during the xmas holiday and hope to get the same room 1608 ... thank you for making my birthday special...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biagino11

Dear biagino11,

Thank you for the lovely review. We’re thrilled we helped make your birthday one to remember and would do it again in a heartbeat. We’d love to have you during the holiday season – there’s nothing more enchanting than Christmas in the Big Apple. You can request the same room upon booking and our reservations team will do their best to fulfill your wishes. Next time you stay with us, our concierge team will assist you in creating the best possible Manhattan experience. We look forward to your return!

Best,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We live in Manhattan and stayed here for our wedding weekend. We reserved two beautiful suites. Hotel staff provided lamps and stools for our bridal party to get ready. However, service did not meet our expectations. We stored luggage at checkout. One bag was lost. The groom's suit bag was forgotten. Thankfully, we were able to go back to the hotel to retrieve it. Had we been from out of town, this would have been a much bigger headache. Staff delivered champagne to the wrong room. When family members checked out, the front desk staff was rude.

Yes, this hotel is trendy and the rooms are spacious. The acoustics stink. Sleeping is next to impossible as the entire building vibrates from the music of the rooftop lounge. For a romantic weekend, this is the LAST place to go. I'd recommend this hotel for those who won't spend much time in it, those looking to make the most of Manhattan nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Valerie311,

Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologize your wedding weekend wasn’t everything you dreamed it would be. This should be a time to remember and we’re disappointed you weren't provided with a flawless experience. We strive to deliver genuine, attentive service and it should have been exceptional during your stay. As far as the lost and forgotten luggage, we are looking into the cause of this mistake immediately to prevent future miscommunication. We’re also speaking with our front desk team to reinforce the proper attitude – anything short of friendliness is unacceptable. Our hotel is a place for any type of vacation, including romantic getaways, and we are saddened by your negative takeaway. If you decide to give us a second chance, we’d love the opportunity to change your perspective and surpass your needs. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns. Thank you and we wish you the best together.