2,603 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgansevoort hotelexhale spagrand deluxe roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtrendy hotelhotel guestsamazing hotelunion squaremini barnyc hotelby nyc standardslocation was perfectsubway stationtimes squareconcierge
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stay at the Gansevoort Park Ave at least 2-3 times a month on business and love everything about the property! The staff is always friendly and wonderful, from the managers, to the concierge, to the front desk, to the maids and bell hops. The rooms are large for NYC and quite comfortable.

From my 20-30 stays within the last year and a half I have never had a problem! The only thing I can complain about is the reservationist Ani. She is VERY rude. You should have a pleasant individual help you book your room. You want to start your trip on the right foot, thinking positive things about the property, not on a sour note, which Ani has left a sour taste in my mouth with the things she has said to me, not just once, but multiple times. I would rather talk to Jill or Millie who are more professional and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BusyBusinessTravel
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear BusyBusinessTravel,

Thank you for the review. First of all, we’re delighted you keep coming back for more during your business trips and we’d love to be your home-away-from-home in New York City. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Ani and will make our team aware of the issue. We strive to consistently provide seamless and friendly service and we hope your recent stay does not deter you from another visit. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Gansevoort Park Avenue when I was in New York City for the weekend. When I arrived at the hotel and checked in the young staff was very attentive and professional , and the great receptionist recognized it was my birthday and gave me a room upgrade.. So when i walked into my room i could believe my eyes, a balcony that you entertain at list 50 people and the room was so perfect decorate.. I will go back to during the xmas holiday and hope to get the same room 1608 ... thank you for making my birthday special...

1  Thank biagino11

Dear biagino11,

Thank you for the lovely review. We’re thrilled we helped make your birthday one to remember and would do it again in a heartbeat. We’d love to have you during the holiday season – there’s nothing more enchanting than Christmas in the Big Apple. You can request the same room upon booking and our reservations team will do their best to fulfill your wishes. Next time you stay with us, our concierge team will assist you in creating the best possible Manhattan experience. We look forward to your return!

Best,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We live in Manhattan and stayed here for our wedding weekend. We reserved two beautiful suites. Hotel staff provided lamps and stools for our bridal party to get ready. However, service did not meet our expectations. We stored luggage at checkout. One bag was lost. The groom's suit bag was forgotten. Thankfully, we were able to go back to the hotel to retrieve it. Had we been from out of town, this would have been a much bigger headache. Staff delivered champagne to the wrong room. When family members checked out, the front desk staff was rude.

Yes, this hotel is trendy and the rooms are spacious. The acoustics stink. Sleeping is next to impossible as the entire building vibrates from the music of the rooftop lounge. For a romantic weekend, this is the LAST place to go. I'd recommend this hotel for those who won't spend much time in it, those looking to make the most of Manhattan nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Valerie311,

Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologize your wedding weekend wasn’t everything you dreamed it would be. This should be a time to remember and we’re disappointed you weren't provided with a flawless experience. We strive to deliver genuine, attentive service and it should have been exceptional during your stay. As far as the lost and forgotten luggage, we are looking into the cause of this mistake immediately to prevent future miscommunication. We’re also speaking with our front desk team to reinforce the proper attitude – anything short of friendliness is unacceptable. Our hotel is a place for any type of vacation, including romantic getaways, and we are saddened by your negative takeaway. If you decide to give us a second chance, we’d love the opportunity to change your perspective and surpass your needs. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or further concerns. Thank you and we wish you the best together.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Gansevoort Park Avenue when I was in New York City for the weekend. When I arrived at the hotel and checked into my room, I realized that there was an issue with the shower and called the front desk. (I am the mother of a small child so taking a shower is a luxury for me). They immediately found me another room and when I mentioned that I was in a bit of a rush, Amber (the woman at the front desk) personally delivered the new room key to me because the bellman was with another guest. And she did not once make me feel like I was being high maintenance! :) The new room was beautiful, an upgraded room with a seating area, and the bathroom was like a spa. All of the staff were very nice and helpful, I will definitely stay there again when I return to New York.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mizcoop,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re delighted with your positive sentiments and will pass them along to Amber and the rest of our team. Vacation means time to relax and indulge so it’s important to us that the issue with your shower was taken care of immediately. We hope you had the chance to enjoy a cocktail or two on our rooftop lounge with breathtaking views of the Empire State Building. It’s always refreshing to retreat above the bustling streets. We look forward to providing another unforgettable trip to the city!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have to say! I booked a Saturday night on Saturday morning through trip advisory! Would have been happy with just a basic room which is what I booked that morning. When we arrived the front desk was so friendly and accommodating,I asked them if they had any upgrades available. Not only did they upgrade me to a top floor sweet,but also did not charge me for it. Our room was amazing very clean and set up with really nice style.i especially liked the corner balcony which had views of both adjoining streets. I never am spontaneous like this and was very happy of the outcome. We will return and will stay loyal to the gansevoort until proven differently. Great night!!!great hotel!!! Great staff!!!:)

Room Tip: 1809 best room in the hotel,night club was right above us a lil noise but the tv muffles it out!
1  Thank hoppyhopster
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Chadd S,

Thank you for the great review. We’re delighted you made a last minute decision that led you to our doorstep! It was our pleasure to provide an upgrade upon arrival so you could experience the “suite life”. Hopefully, you had a chance to check out our rooftop lounge and year-round heated pool. The views from up top are captivating day and night. We’re thrilled you’ll be returning and we hope you consider us as your home-away-from-home in the city that never sleeps. We’ll pass along your sentiments to our team and we all hope to see you soon!

Best,