Royalton Park Avenue
$227
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
$179
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$303
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$257
$245
  • Restaurant
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$321
$200
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$209
  • Bar/Lounge
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$240
$209
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$284
$254
Priceline
2,429 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgansevoort hotelexhale spagrand deluxe roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtrendy hotelhotel guestsamazing hotelmeatpacking districtunion squarenyc hotelmini barby nyc standardslocation was perfectsubway stationtimes square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

First time i have ever stayed and by chance it was a default location as the hotel i usually stay @ was requiring a two night minimum. Terrific surprise! Sassy and plosh comes to mind. Cutting edge design with soft rich mood. Rooms were large for NYC which was welcomed. Bed, pillows and towels are first rate. The hotel even has nice gym (though a little small). Staff were great! I have a new favorite big apple hotel. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear brian c,

We're glad you landed on our doorstep, it's always a pleasure to have new guests. We are also happy to hear it's your new favorite place to stay in the city, and can't wait until your next visit. Our hotels do have a unique, eccentric vibe, which makes us stand out from others. Hopefully you had a chance to relax on our rooftop lounge and pool, one of our most popular amenities. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best,

GansevoortPark

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just spent the night at the Gansevoort Park -- great clean room, wonderful location, staff is excellent and the bar and restaurants are excellent. Would reccomend it if you are looking for a cool alternative.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear PAADC,

Thank you for sharing you experience. We're pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We hope you return on your next trip to the city. There's always something new to try such as French fine dining at Les Halles Bistro conveniently located across the street from us. Of course our rooftop pool is always a must-go hot spot for native New Yorkers and visitors alike. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon.

Best,

@GansevoortPark

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Gansevoort Hotel is well located and the room was nice but I do not recommend that you go there with your family. There is indeed a swimming pool but the thing is that you have to go trough the bar to get to it. We tried to go and relax around the swimming pool at 6 pm and had to walk trough a jungle of people, or drunk people should I said. The music coming from the bar was so loud that we did not stay around the swimming pool for more than 5 minutes.
The night after, we could not sleep until 4 am because the people in the room aside of ours partied until then. We could hear them yelling trough the doors and slamming the doors each they were coming back and fourth from the rooftop bar. When I told the lady at the bar the next morning, she said I should have called and the security could have handled it. Maybe I did a mistake but I never heard an apologize from her, which have been the least considering the situation.
So unless you're planning to party hard, I do not recommand this hotel for a quiet romantic week-end in NYC or for a family trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Clob_123
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Royalton Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Clobb_123,

Thank you for your detailed review. We truly apologize for any concerns during your stay. We do offer rooms farther away from the rooftop bar, and therefore secluded from any nightlife noise. Our reservations department would be happy to help you find a suite that best fits your needs. Redemption feels good, and we would love the opportunity redeem ourselves and to surpass your needs on your next stay. Please contact Digital@theghg.com for any questions or to speak with a representative directly. We hope to see you again soon.

@GansevoortPark

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Ok, so the rooms are large and there's a definite air of funky, but after reading the effusive reviews - we were somewhat underwhelmed. Good side: very comfortable bed, clean, large rooms (ours had double bed sofa bed in addition to a king bed), close to 4-5-6 subway, roof top pool & bar if you have time during the day. Neutral or down side: The roof bar is the evening spot for girls in CFM pumps and bandaid dresses, with young men drooling after them. The cabs are several deep dropping off in the evening- all honking horns. So even if you can't hear the bar music on lower floors - the honking horns will keep you awake. Lighting in the bathroom is terrible unless you like putting on make-up in shadows. No coffee maker in the room, and no inexpensive option to get a cup/pot using room service. Semi-erotic art theme in the room, including photographs on wall and coffee table book with erotic themes (I was there with my teenage daughter - so if you're a couple, you might move this to the plus column.)

Staff was friendly, but so casual in dress I had a hard time figuring out who was on staff and who was a guest.

Location was OK - there's nothing really noteworthy in the immediate vicinity, though walkable to the Empire State Building and Grand Central.

One avenue east is a great strip of reasonably priced Indian restaurants if you don't want hotel fare.

Nothing horrible, just nothing too special.

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor to avoid noise. 29th Street side is likely better than Park Avenue side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cfhemail
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I returned to the Gans Park recently for a business trip to NYC and I thought it was worth a second review. As per my last trip I was not disappointed by my experience with this funky dynamic hotel but there were a couple of things that are worth a mention. My room was, as usual, clean and well appointed although I was put on the executive floor where the somewhat erotic artwork on the walls (which I quite liked) had been replaced with photographs of autumn leaves which I found a little passe and boring. A small thing I know. The bathroom was very clean except for some stain on the silicone around the area where bathtub meets the wall - again, not enough to spoil the experience but something I felt needed some attention.
The bedding and towels were crisp and white and the attention to detail in the daily housekeeping was excellent. The mini bar is one of the best I have ever seen and I loved the assortment of chocolates and other nibblies for those late night hunger moments.
I almost laughed out loud when I found my iron did not work - this was the same thing that happened to be last time and I had to ring down for another one (was this the same iron making its way from room to room?). The service in bringing me another one was quick and friendly. And this brings me to my next point. The service of the hotel staff is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. The roof top bar staff are another story however with surly waitresses and bar attendants who look as if the whole thing is just too much trouble. The roof top bar is a great place to meet and the day I flew in with a friend after a long flight, we went immediately up to the bar where we relaxed with some friendly folk who did not care that we were not particularly young and hip but were willing to share stories and a drink.

One issue I had which was not the fault of the hotel staff is the thinness of the walls between rooms. The wall behind my bed was often shuddered from my neighbours slamming doors or the like (I still don't know what was going on) and this was irritating and kept me awake. I did not complain so can't blame the hotel for inaction but some sound proofing would have helped. Nevertheless, this is my second great experience with the hotel and I would recommend it every time.

The concierge Michael is another reason I return to the Gans Park. I am made feel special and welcome every time and if there is anything I need, Michael is the first to make it happen. The Gans is lucky to have someone like Michael at the front desk as his dynamic personality makes you feel as if you are the only one at the hotel. There is an immediate connection where your needs are met no matter what they are and this is done with a smile and a positive attitude. Much appreciated Michael. Whilst I sometimes feel a little old at the Gans Park surrounded with the young and hip, the bold and the beautiful, the hotel staff always treat me with courtesy and attention.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business