“Beautiful trendy hotel with a vibrant young crowd!”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #77 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful trendy hotel with a vibrant young crowd!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Staff is friendly, attentive to your needs and (in many cases) very good looking!
The reception crew will go out of their way to make up for any inconvenience that may occur.
Also a great site for celebrity sighting. Rihanna was staying at the hotel the same weekend I was there.
Perfectly located in the heart of the city, equidistant from soho and Times Square.
Many nice restaurants and shops in the area.
Best hotel I have been to in New York!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms with park avenue or 29th street views. Suites are gorgeous and definitel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Gansevoort_HG, Community Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear DrDave22,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're honored to be the best hotel you've been to in NYC. If you're ever in need of ideas on how to spend your day in the city, our informative concierge are always pleased to help. Madison Square Park is beautiful this time of year and only a short walk away. We hope to see you again soon.

@GansevoortPark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Gansevoort a number of times, and have found it to be absolutely fabulous. Excellence prevails from the moment you walk into the hotel. From the doormen to the check-in to the housekeeping to the bar staff - nothing is too much and everything is done with good grace and efficiency. This is a very well managed hotel.

The hotel itself is 'cool' and this leads to a friendly and relaxed atmosphere that pervades the whole hotel. The bedrooms are well appointed, comfortable and large by Manhattan standards

At night the hotel is a mecca for the young and trendy with the bar area heaving with life and bonhomie.

The pool deck area is magnificent and the view of the Empire State Building is stunning. The pool is warm and inviting and staff are attentive and fun.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of rooms and all have been excellent. Rooms away from the lifts are proba...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear thelma,

Welcome back to the Gansevoort! It's always a pleasure having you. We're delighted that you enjoyed our heated rooftop pools, the NYC skyline and our comfortable suites. We will be sure to let our deserving staff know that they helped make your stay exceptional. We hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here last weekend, and overall were very pleased. This place is sort of like an upscale W- similar vibe, but nicer. The public spaces are cool , and the rooms are nice, with huge bathrooms by nyc standards. The rooftop pool and bar are awesome too! The only complaint we had is that we were on the 17th fl, and we could hear all of the noise from the club until after 4 am! This is one hotel where you definitely want a lower floor. The restaurant food and staff were terrific as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear liborman,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're thrilled you were able to spend time on our rooftop. The views are quite remarkable with the Empire State building and NYC skyline at your viewing pleasure. We sincerely apologize for any noise or disruption during the night. The rooftop is a popular destination on the weekend with our well-renown DJs mixing the latest sets for patrons. T On your next stay, we are confident that we can provide you a suite that better fits your needs and allows for a quieter environment. For any questions, feel free to contact digital@gansevoorthotelgroup.com.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been in NYC almost one hundred times mostly in apartments. Looking for a perfect hotel is impossible if you are on a budget mostly are expensive or out of the best ares. This time I headed to the Gansevoort Park Ave. Excellent location, close to almost everything but not into the hustle and bustle. My suite was wonderful with one and half bath, perfect also for several days, and was perfectly serviced for all my stay. I cannot say much about the concierge as I have already organized my dinner by myself. Had just one breakfast less then average with a lazy waiter who forgot to bring me toasts, also isn't a buffet but a la carte. A wiser option is turn right on Park Ave and head to Sarabeth. I headed into 3 party in two days luckly none on my floor but can be noisy.
Nice small rooftop pool and bar reserved for the hotel guests during the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Giacomo,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that your breakfast experience did not exceed your expectations, especially since it is considered the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, we do not manage Asellina, however we will look into your concerns to ensure that future guests receive quality service at all times. On another note, we're delighted that you enjoyed your suite and took advantage of our rooftop. We hope to see you again soon.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

As a hotel "snob" looking for the perfect hotel, I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years in NYC. Since the Four Seasons (where I usually stay in other cities) is way too expensive in NYC, the Gansevoort Park is my new favorite. I stayed on a business trip for 5 nights in a Grand Deluxe King which was very spacious (around 500 sq ft) and after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor about the noise from the rooftop bar, I called the front desk before arrival to find out where the quiet rooms are (answer: floors 9-14, facing 29th St... very quiet if you make those requests. I slept perfectly!). I loved this hotel from start to finish. The bathrooms were excellent (large space, with long marble counters, separate shower stall: everything I like in a bathroom!), the bed was really comfy with a pillowtop on the mattress, duvet covers that are washable sheets---i.e., not a gross bedspread, and other little touches that I loved like the office supplies on the desk of neon sticky note pads. The entire staff went above and beyond to make my stay fantastic. I was so impressed with the friendly and helpful staff, that I wrote down a few of their names for kudos: Michael at the front desk, Clancy the bellman, and Carlos the bartender at Asselini. My only small request for improvement is to make the lighting better near the make-up mirror in the bathroom-- it was great to have that magnifying mirror, but the lighting in that corner was way too dim for applying makeup.
Overall, an A+ experience, thank you to the Gansevoort Park! I will absolutely stay there again and tell all my friends. (Btw, I rarely take the time to write these reviews, but had to share this one experience....)

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are facing 29th street from floors 9-14. Try to get a Grand Deluxe room: very spacious...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Green43
Gansevoort_HG, Community Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Green43,

We are thrilled that you had an exceptional experience. We will be sure to let Clancy, Carlos and Michael know that they helped make your stay amazing. Thank you for bringing the bathroom lighting to our attention. We are looking into your request. We hope to see you again soon. For any questions, feel free to contact digital@Gansevoorthotelgroup.com.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The beds are really uncomfortable and squeaky. Instead of just having a good mattress they put a feather bed on top with feathers that poke you. Also, really loud. I've stayed here two nights in row and was woken up both nights by loud music/hotel party at 4:30am. Hence, why I'm up writing this review so early. Lastly, there is a mildew smell that is way to noticeable for a hotel of this standard. Can't wait to get home.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ak122012
Dear ak122012,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We are looking into your concerns so that future guests are provided with the best services possible. Should you decide to give us a second chance, we would love the opportunity to go above and beyond your needs. For any questions, please feel free to contact digital@gansevoorthotelgroup.com.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Gansevoort Park Avenue has become one of my favourite hotels in the world. The service is outstanding - they can't seem to do enough for you on your visit and the rooms are spacious and well maintained. The location is great for business travellers who still want to be close to midtown but also not too far away from the more fun night time activites located downtown. in terms of value it's one of the best value hotel experiences I have had in a very long time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gabriella,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience. We will be sure to let our deserving staff know that they helped make your stay positively memorable. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon.