“21st Birthday”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #87 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 27, 2013

When I envision the perfect hotel in my head Gansevoort Park fits it perfectly. Working in NYC but commuting from NJ I have stayed in many hotels. The décor is so modern and chic, it fits my fashionista style perfectly. I mean if the Kourtney Kardashian approves you know it's chic. I booked a suite for my friends and I to celerate my 21st birthday. I have been to private events on the rooftop so I knew we would have fun in the Red Room or any of the rooftop bars. Due to my birthday they did a complimentary upgrade from the gansevoort suite to the gansevoort loft suite! 700 sq feet and all that closet space I wanted to move in! Upon arrival the bellhops were very atentive and fun eye candy. the front desk is informative and always ready to help. I brought some balloons and decorated the room for a small celebration in the room before we went out. I had a very relaxed lunch at Asselina the Italian resturant on the first floor. When returning from my makeup and hair appointment I found a complimentary bottle of Beau Joie champagne from the manager with a nice birthday note! Whether you want to have a girls night out, bachelorette party, or 21st birthday Gansevoort is the place to do it! Spacious suites, resturant, spa, bars, club, all under one roof. Take out those 6 inch heels because you don't have to pound the pavement to have an eventful night! All my friends were so impressed by the hotel, their hospitality, and the whole scene. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the bathtub was spacious and relaxing the next morning. Loved the magenta curtains asba back drop in my photos and the balcony has a great view if the Empire State Building! Seriously had so much fun and I'm already booking a room in two weeks for a fun girls night out. And again for a relaxing couples night when he visits from Boston. This place is addicting! Won't stay anywhere else! Xoxo

• Stayed: February 2013
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Aldendehart,

Happy 21st Birthday – the age that holds no bounds, especially in NYC. We already miss having you, but we’re excited to see that you’re planning your next stay. Let us know if we can help plan your next visit by contacting our community manager at digital@gansevoortpark.com.

See you next time,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently visited the Gansevoort Park Ave.South for the 1st time and as I walked through the door, I had very high expecations of service based on the social media reviews and it's reputation throughout the industry. As I walked through the front door when the valet open the glass entrace to a "popping" open lobby area with a very unique fireplace and comfortable lounge seating for guests I was impressed. Most importantly, I was met with immediate eye contact from a gentleman at the front desk as I was approaching the front desk about 25ft. away. I later discovered through my interaction with the front desk and this individual that his name is Bogdan Docu, the Assistant Front Office Manager. Hat's off to Bogdan and his staff for making my first impressions of the Hotel Gansevoort the most lasting impression of impeccible service and the feeling that they really care for me as a guest and as a human being. End of day, great service and professionalism by the front desk staff.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gcac_13

Dear gcac_13,

Thank you for your exceptional review. Bogdan and our front desk staff will be pleased that they helped make your stay a positive experience. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, so we are thrilled that ours met your high expectations. If you plan on making another trip, you can contact our community manager at digital@gansevoortpark.com.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently arrived in NYC from a grueling overseas trip and wound up at the Gansevoort Park. From the moment of check-in, which was speedy and helpful, it seemed that this hotel was a cut above many of the others in terms of both service and room comfort. The room was extremely comfortable, with more than adequate space, very nice furnishing and equipment, and a marvelous bathroom. It's perhaps a small thing, but the room had an abundance of electrical outlets for various devices, as well as an iPod dock. The only criticism I would have, and it does not relate to rooms and service, is that the lobby seems a bit dysfunctional and porly laid out, although few people would spend much time there (and there is an Izod shop adjacent to the lobby (opening also on Park Avenue), which seems like an unnecessary hassle. Despite that minor difficulty, this was an amazingly clean and well run hotel, with elevators that always seemed to arrive in no time. A very welcome restful stop-over. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Whitley,

We’re thrilled that your had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your feedback and especially love how you notice the little things, like our multiple outlets for your electrical devices. It's the details that help form a truly luxurious guest experience. Hopefully you put those to good use! For your next stop-over, may we suggest you get a massage for full comfort and relaxation at Exhale Spa? It’s quite the experience. Thank again for your review and for future reservations feel free to reach out to our community manager at digital@gansevoortpark.com.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love NY and have been here many times both on business and for pleasure. I \was there for 5 days with my 14 year old daughter for sightseeing and shopping and picked the Gansevoort over others as it seemed younger, more trendy and I thought my daughter would love it. We arrived on Saturday late afternoon, and the room was fine all ok - until the room next door had a party until 3.30am and later - security had to be called twice. Management were apologetic and agreed to move us higher up the hotel the following day to make sure it was quieter. To cut a long story short, we were in 3 rooms in the 4 days, came back from sightseeing one day to find room not cleaned ( we were always out early), no towels in the gym one of the mornings, dirty toilet in hotel reception ( alerted the front desk to suggest they cleaned it) , service at breakfast awful ( even got up oen day and got my own tea cup having asked 3 times for a cup to have my tea in!!). To top it off I got home and reviewed the bill more thoroughly ( we checked out at 5.30 am!) and found I had been charged for approx USD 70 of items I didn't have. Got an apology and itme refunded but is a shame it was this way round! Hotel not in the best location - not alot around it - we spent most of our time walking to other parts to find restaurants, etc. For breakfast definitely go somewhere else - no buffet and staff disinterested. Guys at the elevators always very friendly and nice. On making a complaint about some of the charges from the mini bar - which included tear off panties and a massage duck - the front desk person told me that a number of the items can be removed from the room on request and that the Gansevoort was most certainly not a family type hotel - I totally agree with that! If you have kids - despite the pool - avoid at all costs! I won't be going back. Shame as it took the edge off our trip to NY!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VMSLondon
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Joe,

We never like reading reviews like this, but always appreciate the people who take the time to write them. We apologize for any inconveniences during your trip and are disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. We actually host a large number of families and are happy to switch out any provocative artwork and remove our adult items from the rooms prior to arrival when guests let us know that they are traveling with children. In terms of our neighborhood, did you ask for recommendations from our concierge for places nearby to eat? We like to think there is a diverse offering from fancy French to classic NYC diners, sushi and even scores of traditional Indian restaurants nearby on Lexington. Should you choose to give us a second chance, please contact our community manager at digital@gansevoortpark.com. We can provide you with a quiet, kid-friendly room with all your necessary accommodations.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Gansevoort for a weekend get together with old college friends. The hotel was beautiful, location was perfect, rooms were great, and had fantastic service. Concierge Jane was so helpful with recommendations, and made reservations for our group at a restaurant that was perfect for us. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe M

Dear Joe,

We're delighted to hear you and your college friends had a fantastic time. Jane will be happy to know that she contributed to your positive experience. For future reservations, you can reach out to our community manager at digital@gansevoortpark.com and we'll make sure your next stay is even better than the first. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We love staying in NYC when everyone is gone. The Gansevoort Park Avenue is centrally located, has excellent service, has a gorgeous, modern interior. We take advantage of their gym and of course the Exhale classes which I love. They are always very sweet and accommodating to us and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: There is a Starbucks right across the street!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 27, 2013

Dear kissjill,

We are thrilled that you took advantage of our Exhale classes – a perk that only we can offer as all of our properties house Exhale spas. Hopefully you were able to relax and get a massage after your workout. For more pampering, you can also try out a fabulous haircut at Cutler Salon located right next to our spa entrance. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

reserve on bookings.com as the hotel website offers higher rates. these rooms have huge bathrooms and huge rooms...you cant imagine you are in NYC
very very nice staff at front desk!
great restaurants and several rooftop spaces!
I've stayed in may hotels in NYC and this is by far the best so far!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear aag971,

If you're ever looking for more even more space, we offer duplex suites with a great view of the NYC skyline. Thanks for your glowing review and if you plan on visiting again, feel free to contact our community at digital@gansevoortpoark.com.