“Loved it!”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #88 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've been to New York several times & really could not fault this hotel at all especially for summer visits. Fantastic location, room average but comfortable, superbly helpful & friendly staff. For sunseekers a small but perfectly formed rooftop pool for lounging around after a hard days shopping & delicious Bloody Marys for minimising those hangovers. Starbucks is right on the corner opposite for your morning coffee, Big Daddys diner & Sushi Samba just up the road for breakfast & dinner options. Madison Square park a short walk away which was also a great spot for people watching & Shake Shake do awesome burgers there. The flat iron building is within walking distance which had some cool stores nearby. Obviously cab rides to the bigger stores on 5th, central park, Broadway or Soho but I really enjoyed the vibe in Midtown. I'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel_Gansevoort, Social Media Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Beewestwood,

You clearly understand the benefits our neighborhood and all that it has to offer. We're also huge fans of Shake Shack. Not only could t not be closer, but their burgers are also just too good. It has been our pleasure to accommodate you. We hope to have you back soon, and remember to follow us on Twitter at @GansevoortPark for updates and special offers.

Warm regards,

@GansevoortPark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I travel very, frequently and when we stay in a hotel, we need space due to our size. We have 4 kids aged 3 months, 3, 14 & 22 years old each with their special ideas of what makes a hotel great (our 22 year old doesn't usually travel with us any more.

So, when we are heading to NYC, there is only one hotel for us: The Gansevoort Park Ave. S. This hotel is cool enough for everyone, has huge suites, phenomenal service, a rooftop pool, a health club and an excellent restaurant... and 3 bars!

Best however is the customer service which ranks as high as any hotel we have stayed in. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone (large family or small) traveling to NYC!

Tony Hayes

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tony,

We always love welcoming families to our hotel. With our above-average room sizes, Gansevoort Park is an ideal location for a getaway with the kids. Thanks for your glowing review – we really appreciate it. Please contact Anna@GansevoortHotelGroup.com with any future questions or comments. Hope to have you back soon.

All the best,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you are looking for a luxurious yet unpretentious hotel with understated elegance, a super- convenient location, with a sweet and highly professional staff, roomy rooms and a wonderful roof terrace where you can soak up some sun and enjoy a drink; well, then this is for you! I travel a lot and am always delighted when a hotel delivers on its promise of excellence. The Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC does! I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Even basic rooms are larger than average for NYC but one step up is always nice too!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Nordicprincess360l,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are always pleased when our guests enjoy their stay with us, but reading something like this fills us with joy. We can't wait to have you back. Make sure to follow us on Twitter at @GansevoortPark for special deals and updates.

Warm regards,

Bergen
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nice rooms, good location and great housekeeping. The G-cards make it easy as a guest when you want a sun bed, order at the bar/rooftop.

My room wasn't ready until 4pm when i was checking in, but still i found this hotel perfect. The staff at the reception and waitresses at the pool-deck was very friendly and service minded.

I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ReneSandstad,

Thank you for the kind review. We're thrilled that the G-cards were a convenient guest solution for you and we apologize that your room wasn't prepared on time. Our housekeepers can be real perfectionists. We're excited to see you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel stay overall was fine, however I had an AWFUL time getting a copy of my bill so i could submit my expense report. I called the Park Ave front desk, who sent me to their "guest billing department", who never answer their phone and only take requests via voicemail or fax. Apparently front desk associates are not allowed to send guests a copy of their bill. (The guest billing department is located at another property). I faxed in 2 separate requests and heard absolutely NOTHING from them, even though i had provided my email, telephone number, and fax. 2 weeks later, I had to call the Park Ave front desk and demand to speak to a manager. After being on hold for 10 minutes, I still didn't get to a manager but had to demand that the desk associate on the line send my bill after explaining my story. Funny enough, this desk associate was able to take care of it within 2 minutes. EVERY other luxury hotel in New York has been able to send me a copy of my bill within minutes, on the FIRST CALL, without bouncing me around. This was a horrible experience for something SO BASIC and I do not plan on giving my money to Gansevoort again.

Also, their placement of items for sale all over the room was a little annoying. (for example, slippers were placed in between the beds, and closer inspection showed that they cost a lot of money if opened). I was annoyed that they were in my way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PatrickWesonga
Dear PatrickWesonga,

We're very disturbed by this review. We 100% agree with you in that it should take no more than one five minute call to get a copy of your bill, and for this we would like to apologize. We have brought this issue up with our team and have made the appropriate changes so that this will not be a problem for you or any other guest in the future. In reference to the slippers, those are actually our gifts to all guests – completely complimentary and designed to serve as a reminder of your stay with us.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager, Anna@GansevoortHotelGroup.com, she will be more than happy to send you a pair of those slippers, free of charge. She would also love to assist you with the potential of a future stay so that we can make up everything that was unsatisfactory upon your initial visit. Either way, thanks for your notes.

Broooklyn
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is beautiful, clean, and the service is sensational! I highly recommend staying here for convenience, location, food, rooms and staff. The restaurant was to die for, the chef was helpful, and the service was great as well. One of the best , I ever dined in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jack B,

Thank you for the fabulous review. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food as well. We have to say Chef Marco really knows what he’s doing at Asellina. We also have made a few delicious additions to our menu, so you've got to come back soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My son, my mother, and I stayed here for nearly a week in July and over July 4th weekend. For NYC, I felt we got a great rate at $281 average a night for a Deluxe King room. When we arrived, we were informed we had been 'upgraded' to a terrace King as our room type was not available. This room was BEAUTIFUL, had a huge King bed, a small sofa, and a HUGE bathroom with a spa tub and separate shower. A full bar there as well. I did NOT like the half naked photo on the wall... call me conservative :)... Anyway, they knew my son was 8 and I had called ahead to ensure a sofa, but they had put a roll away, fully made up, in the room, at no charge. There was also a plate of FRESH BAKED cookies, strawberries carved into flowers, berries, and a carafe of milk on ice in the room when we arrived, with a personalized welcome to my son. (He was so excited by this.) The terrace was huge and had sun chairs and a table and chairs as well as a ficus tree!

We were overjoyed and very impressed by this room, but on the third night realized our pay movie service did not work. We wouldn't have cared but the 95 degree heat wave and a bout of dehydration had rendered me unable to do much for a day or two, and we really wanted to relax. We called the desk, maintenance came... but couldn't fix it... ughh.

We were then informed we would be UPGRADED again! We were moved to a penthouse 2 room suite with two baths and a wrap around porch. This upgrade was wholly unnecessary but does show how important customer satisfaction is for these folks.

The terrace pool was amazing but needs a better bar, and better bar service. Otherwise, just a terrific place. I highly recommend this hotel. They are clearly determined to stand out in NYC for great service, and they are realizing this goal. Thanks for a GREAT stay which just wow'd my little boy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Favril
Hotel_Gansevoort, Social Media Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Favril,

We are delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us at our Park Avenue location! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comments are one of the best ways to make improvements and continuously shape our customer service within the hotel. In regards to the art work in the rooms, we offer the option to switch them to a more traditional look. During your next stay, please advise reservations of your preference and our team will be happy to accommodate you accordingly! Also, feel free to contact our Community Manager for any future bookings or requests. Thank you, and we hope to see you again in the near future!