“Great place, nice location, more than a simple hotel, an experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Margot Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Margot Guest House
Ranked #28 of 74 New York City B&B and Inns
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
“Great place, nice location, more than a simple hotel, an experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Margot Guest House it is much more than hotel in Manhattan. If you are looking for something different with affordable prices this is your place. You could find a great atmosphere in a neighborhood that is getting better everyday.

Located in Spanish HArlem, you could reach every major attraction very easily and little places with soul. This guest house has very good rooms, large ones with everything ready to please, is like to be in your flat living as a new yorker.

If you are looking something special, livable, affordable, well located and fun!, Margot Guest house is the ideal option. After being in NYC many times, this has been my best option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelnunvid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for eight nights and loved it. Our accommodation was lovely, the room a very generous size, the bed was comfortable and most importantly as we were there when the temperature got down to minus 27C was warm. The neighbourhood is great with a number of places to eat and drink (our favourite a friendly little bar the Lexington Social). Todd has lots of helpful information about the area and there is also a folder with everything you would want to know.

The subway is only a couple of blocks away, Central Park and the Museum mile are close by.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda B
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here from 4 to 10 November 2013, after the New York Marathon. The place is in Spanish Harlem and the feel of the environs is defiantly spanish. The room we had was large enough for the 2 of us. It was clean, tidy and very comfortable. The bathroom was good, but could have used just a little more room for our bathroom gear, but apart from that it was great. Our host met us at the house and showed us around and his tips and suggestions certainly came in very handy. It is close to the subway and there are buses everywhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff H
Manchester, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am so happy I discovered the Margot Guest House! I have stayed there three times since March! The place is much more than simply a pleasant alternative to a Manhattan hotel : Each trip there I felt like I was staying in a charming auberge in perhaps Aix-en-Provence or, more accurately, in some lovely outer arrondissement in Paris! The place is incredibly charming. The rooms—they are really huge studios! (& it's so great to be able to have plenty of space to 'spread out' in!)—are wonderfully comfortable and are very tastefully (& rather simply, elegantly) furnished : they are handsome & well-designed even to the smallest details—original antique doors imported from France; original African masks & early 20th-century French 'annonces' (Lillet! Pernod!) hanging on the walls; wrought-iron fixtures; large terra-cotta tiles in the bathrooms, interior pocket-shutters at all the windows; hardwood floors (stained a rich dark mahogany) covered at intervals with colorful sisal rugs; big puffy comforters on the (very) comfortable beds. All of these details combine to create a completely authentic atmosphere. Above all, I would say that staying at the Margot Guest House is a truly REFINED experience. The wonderful location and the gracious management—as well as the excellent value!—serve to enhance this experience to a very high degree, making it one of the best places I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: On three stays this year, I've stayed in two rooms : Room 1 (first floor in front/on the street...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MarkRobley
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lovely alternative to a hotel in New York City. Central Park is only a ten minute walk away and the Subway is minutes away.The room was large, bed comfortable, and Todd (the owner) spent quite some time with us explaining how everything worked, where the restaurants were, transport etc. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave and were very clean. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank philip15-11
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really recomend Margot Guest House as a good place to stay in New York. The place is located at Upper East Side at Manhattan. It is a very calm and silent place, 3 blocks from metro station and 3 blocks from Central Park. The room has a microwave, fridge and coffe maker. The room is very large with complete bathroom. The bed is nice and the room has a table, chairs, armchair, sofa and wardrobe. The free wifi access is another benefit.Tood (the owner) will help you in everything that you need and this will make the difference. Todd helped me since when my flight arrived in NY with accurate information to arrive at Margot. Near you will find small market and several delicatessen and another service (restaurant, laundry, etc..). It a nice place to stay !!!

Eu realmente recomendo Margot Guest House como um bom lugar para ficar em Nova York. O local está localizado no Upper East Side de Manhattan. É um lugar muito calmo e silencioso, a 3 quadras da estação de metro ea 3 quarteirões do Central Park. O quarto tem um micro-ondas, frigorífico e máquina de café. O quarto é grande, com casa de banho completa. A cama é boa, e o quarto tem uma mesa, cadeiras, poltrona, sofá e guarda-roupa. O acesso gratis wifi fio é outro beneficio. Tood (o proprietário) irá ajudá-lo em tudo o que você precisa e isso vai fazer a diferença. Todd me ajudou desde quando meu vôo chegou em NY com informações precisas para chegar a Margot. Perto encontra-se pequeno mercado e vários delicatessen e varios outros serviços (restaurante, lavanderia, etc.). É realmente um lugar agradável para ficar!

Room Tip: I stayed at room 5 (second floor) with street view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Curitibano1000
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

For my very recent trip to NY, I decided to stay at the Margot Guest House based on the great reviews I had read in TripAdvisor. Not sure what all the fuss was about. It was OK and suited my purposes. After a tiring train trip from Boston to NY, the last thing I wanted to do when checking in is to listen to a chatty owner. People say the neighborhood is great and safe. One evening, I was walking to a restaurant for dinner. I was minding my own business and not bothering anyone, when several black kids were calling out to me. They didn't know me and I was wondering why would they call out to me so I ignored them. Then they started call me nasty names. Not impressed with the neighborhood at this point. Perhaps if I had not been by myself, they would not have hassled me. Even with the windows closed, I could hear every little noise at night. On the plus side, the house is a short walk to green line (4,5 & 6). Other than that, I wasn't really impressed with the house, the owner, or the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo