“Nomad Location Review”

Cuisines: Cambodian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Num Pang is a Cambodian sandwich shop that certainly have a large following which includes me!

I often eat here during my lunch hour, best time to go is after 2pm to avoid the lunch crowd which could slow up service. I've tried various sandwiches on the menu which includes, Chicken Chimi, Pork Duroc, Salmon & 5-Spiced Pork. My favorite of all is the Pork Duroc, man oh man. This small sandwich has bold flavors and seasoned very well, the pork is on a soft small hero with a tasty mayo sauce, pickled cucumber and arugula. The sandwiches range from $9-$12. The Pork Duroc is the cheapest and if you go to the Nomad location from 4pm - 7pm they have happy hour so sandwiches are $6! You can't beat that!

The decor here is very nice with graffiti walls, you can eat in here at the high tables. The kitchen is open right behind the cashier, you can see our food being prepared while you wait. The staff is very cool, nice and spunky too. The food is so tasty and worth every bite, my mom is hooked to this place too. One negative I have is that one night my pork was so burnt it was salty and not edible, that day I was disappointed but they have own me back nevertheless.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a Cambodian inspired sandwich recently? No? No problem, you can just go to Num Pang Sandwich Shop at one of their five NYC stores. I stopped by their Grand Central location. It's a quick-serve environment, mainly take-out, but a couple of the locations have seating. One thing that themes all of the locations is the fun, vibrant graffiti-clad walls and the hip-hop music that you'll hear. Since it's not Burger King, they request that you don't ask to modify their sandwiches and enjoy them as they've been designed. Which, is no problem since there's really something for everyone, including great salads and sides.

I ordered Roasted Cauliflower (Cucumber, Pickled Carrots, Cilantro, Chili Mayo, Chinese and Thai Eggplant Spread, Chili Soy).

You can read my full review with photos athttp://sprungonfood.com/2014/04/03/num-pang-sandwich-shop

Reviewed April 1, 2014

A group of us stopped in for a quick bite to eat before seeing a show. The beef and coriander was absolutely outstanding and I would definitely recommend this to anyone nearby. It's not the cheapest but I would certainly say excellent value when you consider the quality. Would go again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I love this place and eat here every time I stay in the city. I always get the BBQ brisket and corn on cob. I ordered delivery 2x on my last visit. On Saturday, it was great. On Monday, the meat was over 50% fat. I was so aggravated because by the time I cleaned it up, it was more of a veggie sandwich.
They should know better than to serve you mostly fat. That is not cool. I'll still eat there but probably stick to eat in or carry out so I can see what I'm getting before it's too late.
Also, be aware of no substitutions or alterations. That includes cutting sandwich in half. It doesn't bother me but I have seen people get an attitude when told no.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This tiny little gem is worth seeking out. Just look for the line-up. Don't worry, the staff keeps the line moving quickly as it prepares each sandwich to order, hot, fresh and delicious. The bread is soft and flavourful, with a crispy, bubbly crust, compliments of the amazing NYC water. I had the tofu sandwich and I was in heaven from when I first opened my sandwich box to look to my last delicious bite. The condiments are fresh and authentic, it's Cambodian street food in a chic, relaxed NYC location. If you grab a spot to eat upstairs, you'll be communing with others in sandwich nirvana. This place was recommended to me by a chef friend. You'll enjoy Num Pang!