“The best Vietnamese sandwich in a long time!”

Num Pang Sandwich Shop
Ranked #358 of 14,526 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cambodian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went with the family and each of us had a different sandwich: pork belly, pulled pork, Asian meatball and veggie mushroom. All the sandwiches were great! The best I have ever had. The bun was so crunchy and fresh. Nice amount of spice. Small place upstairs to sit, but fun and delicious! Can't wait to return.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

They're sticklers for no alterations, so if you don't like your grilled veggies floating in oil or your sandwich smothered in mayo, you're out of luck. Delivery is quick and I think the ingredients are good, but I don't see why they won't cater a bit more to the customer.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

140 E. 41st Street (Btw. Lexington & 3rd Ave). This was recommended by family who came to visit me during me stay... it shuts at 9 pm - so took me a while before I could get there at a decent time--but was glad I did. Both times I loved my order- catfish salad and coconut shrimp sandwich. I balked at this recommendation as I am not a sandwich fan usually. But these are excellent- blending Asian spices and colours with warm rolls. There is no seating - as its mainly a take out or quick stand up counter eating place. Queues are long at lunchtime - sandwiches range from $8 up. Drinks include coconut water, green tea and juices. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had read a review on this small sandwich shop and glad I gave it a try! I have had Viet Namese Banh Mi sandwiches and it intrigued me to see what a Cambodian sandwich would be like. They are similar, however, the flavors at Num Pang were outrageous! I tried the 5 Spice Glazed Pork Belly sandwich and loved every last bite! I tried the Cambodian Slaw and was also impressed with the textures, flavor, heat and tastes! I had this at the Chelsea Market location and will definitely want another the next time I'm back in NYC!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The front of this place is little more than a window; you order, pay (cash only), and wait for your food. Since the various items appear to be cooked to order, it make take a short while, but the wait is worth it. Many people opt for carry-out, but there is a small area upstairs, reached by a steep and winding staircase, for minimally-comfortable seating (on stools).

The sausage sandwich and the catfish sandwich were excellent as well as quite filling (two of us could have gotten by with splitting just one of them). Both came with the same "spicy slaw", which was tasty even if not super-spicy (hot sauce is available if you want to reach a higher spice level).

There's not a huge set of choices here, and the food isn't worth traveling a great distance for, but if you are in the area (there are several locations) and want a highly informal, inexpensive, and and very satisfying quick meal, Num Pang is a good choice.