“The Real Deal Hole in the Wall Epicurean Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Num Pang Sandwich Shop

Num Pang Sandwich Shop
Ranked #1,138 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Fast Food, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
fl
“The Real Deal Hole in the Wall Epicurean Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My daughter took me to one of her "Faves", and now its one of mine as well. A reasonably priced Cambodian influenced sandwich shop serving some great local sandwiches. Brisket, Pulled Pork and Catfish were all tasty and served w/cucumbers cabbage and mayo on fresh baked bread. Very reasonable for NYC about 8$/ Sandwich.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank danny8688

• Korean first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Thoroughly dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place as it was ranked in the top 20 in trip advisor and had such good reviews. The menu appeared creative and we ordered the pulled pork, brisket and shrimp. Not the typical choice of vietnamese sandwhiches you see at traditional stores. When we received our food, the size was 1/2 that of traditional Vietnamese sandwhiches, not what I expected paying $7.50+ for each. The sandwhiches aside from being small had decent flavor but seemed too Americanized... I could have had the same flavor going to a local barbecue joint and sticking it in a French baguette with some pickled carrots and vegetables.

I am viet-American and have grown up with banh mi all my life, so it makes me a little critical. I've had better bang mi sandwhiches in Portland, Tampa and even Oklahoma city that were larger, more filling, tasty and for under $3

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdang8394
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
“Everything is good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think I've had every sandwich on their menu and I've never been disappointed. It's a little out of my way, but one of the best sandwich places in NY

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nomad53464
Sydney, Australia
“Mouth watering and creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I've had yummy Vietnamese style sandwiches before but this place takes it one big step further by introducing delicious Asian infused ingredients. We tried their seasonal five glazed pork belly with pear sandwich and grilled catfish sandwich. Both were just mouth watering. The portion was just right for me but may not be enough if you're a big guy. Price wise it's on the high side, about $8 on average. But the quality makes it worth.

1 Thank Tom Y
London, United Kingdom
“There was nothing missing in this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Again my daughter, who had mentioned this shop for a quick meal before taking me to the airport, had me wondering what I could order at a Cambodian sandwich shop. I don't mean to stereotype but when i think of sandwich shops I think of deli type sandwiches. This was not the case at all! There was such a variety of sandwiches that it reminded me of New Orleans than New York. I ordered the Pulled Duroc Pork $7.75. It may appear to be a costly sandwich but the sandwich itself was tasty, filling and a delight to the taste buds. I followed that with a diet Root Beer. It was the right choice for me but there were so many other delightful beverages I could have chosen from. The servers were also friendly and polite. So nice to know there are still unique and wonderful places to visit in New York.

• Visited September 2012