“Crepes are delicious”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 100 & 101 Street
Transit: 6 train to 96 street stop.
Description: Tiny gem Yo In Yo Out is totally worth a couple of extra subway stops. Nestled in a blossoming strip of restaurants on Lexington Avenue in East Harlem, the bistro—named after chef, owner and French native Yoanne Magris—serves up delicious, fresh French food with a New American twist.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went to this restaurant with two friends and there is such a wonderful selection of foods. Everything we ordered was really good. I had Linguini "de la mer" which was very tasty. For desserts the nutella crepes are sinfully good. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I like the non-fat Yogurt, and the fruits.
Lovely design and charming employee
The line was short, and the sitting outside gave the whole NYC atmosphere , jus great

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The owners of ouor b&b recommended this place, but we were disappointed. Staff was not very interested. we choose the tortellini with salmon from the list of specialties, but we got a plate of slightly overcooked pasta with a sad little piece of salmon on top of it and some tiny bits of asparagus en tomatoes. Youncouldn't taste the promised garlic olive oil.
maybe we should have chosen a crepe....

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stumbled on this place while walking near our nabe, and it was quite good, though not extraordinary.

The welcome was very warm, from the French owner, who is from Brittany (or at least her mother is), hence the many crepes on the menu. Like with pizza, I have never really understood the allure of crepes, but there was plenty else on the menu.

My daughter chose the butternut squash soup, which was good, being made with more onion than usually is the case in America. She also had a salad with toasted bread topped with brie, which was nice overall, but the dressing (which the owner had touted -- twice -- as being "made my our chef" [as if most restaurants bought it in]) was too sweet.

I had a pasta (linguini) dish, with shrimp, lobster (not a whole lot of it), cherry tomatoes and asparagus. Overall it was good and fresh-tasting, though a little under-seasoned.

They did not have cocktails -- "too near a church," as the owner explained about their liquor licence (no wonder I am an atheist!) -- so I had wine. The Cotes du Rhone was a Guigal, which I probably shouldn't have had, because I have always thought it was not as good as that from other producers/negociants; the second was a French chardonnay, the details of which escape me, which was quite good.

In sum, I would go back, but this basically is a restaurant where you have to have fairly low expectations. The food is French-inspired, but it really isn't French. The decor and atmosphere are very nice and the service is warm, which helps a lot. The owner said they had been open for two years, and they deserve their success, especially in the somewhat marginal neighborhood in which they are located.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Funny name for a French restaurant ... Very good... Crepes were yummy!