“Delicious pastries”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between Ave. A & Ave. B
Transit: 1 Ave. (L) 3 Ave. (L)
Description: It is with heavy hearts that after 17 years, we close our cafe doors on February 1st 2018. Ciao for Now is a family-owned and operated catering company that has been proudly serving NYC for over 17 years. We specialize in market-to-table menus prepared fresh daily from the highest quality ingredients. We are committed to providing healthy, original and delicious menus with vegan and gluten-free options.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been going here for years. It's my favorite bakery in the neighborhood. Everything is fresh and they try to locally source everything. And it's DELICIOUS. I dare you to try their blueberry muffin, or pumpkin loaf, or cinnamon bun!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very atmospheric old-timey interior, attentive service. This is a lovely East Village family-run restaurant.

ciaofornownyc, Owner at Ciao for Now, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your time here! Next time you're around check out our brunch fare. We are introducing a happy hour too for those looking to unwind after a long day. Thank you for stopping by and many happy and safe returns!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife had the chocolate chip pancakes and I had the BLT with avocado. Both were delicious. The Morning Glory muffin was good too. Crowded and dark but fast and friendly service with good food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Got some food to go to eat in nearby Sauer Park. Loved the stir fry special that day and the iced green ginger tea a must. My daughter loved her tuna sandwich. The sever we had just started. She was a bit slow but everyone was personable and pleasant. I will go back.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I've tried several breakfast places during my work trips in NYC. Ciao for now is the best, catch a morning glory muffin and a small latte running to the office.