“Only their types welcome”
Review of Smith and Mills

Smith and Mills
Ranked #3,786 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I were in NYC for a long weekend and were down by the 26th Street pier for a "fun." concert on July 22nd. Looking for drink or two prior to the concert, my son wondered into the unmarked Smith & Mills. I was impressed by its cool vibe--a converted garage, decrepit but appropriate decor, quirky restroom--but the others in my party detected an unwelcome, pompous, and condescending attitude from the main bartender and some of the other staff. Apparently, a middle aged guy like me violates their preferred customer base. So, if you are a stereotypical tattooed, pierced, 20-something, Bohemian wannabe straight out of Holllywood central casting, this is your joint. If, however, you are a young-at-heart middle aged guy like me just looking for a friendly bar in lower Manhattan, look for a less pretentious place. CaptainJ

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This little hole in the whole pumps out the most amazing dishes from a kitchen behind the bar that is 4 square feet big. You have to see and taste it to believe it. The best burger around, period!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Arrived to NYC late on a rainy night and we wanted nibbles and cocktails and our hotel sent us here. Still busy, they squeezed us in and the food was just what we needed and they made some nice cocktails.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great little bar/restaurant directly across the street from the Greenwich hotel. This is truly a NYC original...tiny, unique, exceptionally cool decor. Our Tribeca friends consider this amongst their favorites. Look for the barn doors, as of June there was no sign.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had lunch here.The lobster bun was very tasty. Small place and cosy, have never seen anything like it before. Well worth a visit.