“One of my toughest review decisions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raines Law Room

Raines Law Room
Ranked #1,055 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One of my toughest review decisions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

First off, this place is COOL so I really didn't have any problems wanting to review it with other traveler's. My debate was that it's almost this semi-secret place that is hard to find and functions almost like an old speekeasy (selfish thinkig in maybe not wanting to share I guess). Anyway, it's dark and very old school with cool music and great drinks. I usually love to share cool places on here, but this one seemed like a cool little secret. Oh well... enjoy!

• Visited April 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Awesome! Such a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ok, this is a must go! When you penatrated this place, you are send back to new york city ... Year 1890. Drinks are orginal and inspired from an other era. Decoration, service: everything is impressing!! Low lights, jazzy music, secret place ambiance from the pre prohibition era: everything is in place to live a unique experience. Tip: arrive early since there a lot of people interested and not a lot of seats.

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank OlivierYUL
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“They're sexy and they know it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The wallpaper is super sexy yet classy. But please don't stare at the wallpaper, people will think you are a pervert. If you have bad eyesight like I do, wait until you go to the bathroom, you can check out the wallpaper more close up. Have fun.
The bar is all the way in the back in a beautiful kitchen setting.
Standing next to the bar, you can smell all kind of citrusy smell from the garnishes.
It can't get any sexier than that, now can it?
Despite the fancy look, the staffs are very laid back, polite, friendly and attentive.
An intimate setting with dividing curtains, service bells and comfortable couches, perfect spot for a romantic date.
Water and delicious popcorn were brought to our table immediately after we got seated.
I'm loving this place because they play jazz music like Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong.
Nothing is SEXIER than sipping delicious cocktail, munching sweet buttery popcorn and listening to some jazzy music in the background. Jk (I was trying to go with the sexy theme here)

Drinks
Madame George: light and refreshing
Amber Old-fashioned: strong and interesting
Gold Rush: lemony with a hint of honey

• Visited December 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Something Different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I managed to book a table one Tuesday for a couple of pre-dinner cocktails with my wife.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but had high hopes that this would b a place to remember as it was my wifes 30th birthday. And so it was.

We had 2 lovely (and strong) cocktails each and enjoyed the atmosphere & ambience.

I don't think the prices were unreasonable compared to what you pay in any average pub/bar.

We will return the next time we visit NY, and would recommend to others.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent, interesting cocktails!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful cocktail bar. One of NYC buddies wanted to take me somewhere different, and this place was great. I love to be able to get a delicious drink and have conversation at a normal level, and this speakeasy type bar was perfect. We went on a Tuesday, so we had a reservation (reservations taken Sun-Tue). Other nights are first-come-first-served, so I have no idea what sort of wait you might be in for.

The cocktail menu is varied and interesting. No well drinks here, thank the Lord. Service was efficient and friendly, and the server made excellent recommendations after hearing our preferences.

Atmosphere is wonderful-comfy couches, and you push a doorbell style button when you are ready for service. Not to state the obvious, these are high-end cocktails in NY so you will pay more for them. I considered the price extremely reasonable for the experience.

• Visited December 2013