“You have found the speakeasy of the city”
Review of Raines Law Room

Raines Law Room
Ranked #610 of 14,431 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

One door, ring the bell, get on the list, and come back for some of the best drinks, and the best underground hideout in the Flatiron area. Jasmine will find you a couch or chair and settle in for the night. Take your girlfriends and show them something they won't see many other places.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Going to a speak easy bar was definitely on my list of things to do and this did not disappoint! The experience starts by walking down an anonymous flight of stairs where there is a brass plaque stating 'Raines Law Room'. A gentleman answers the door, takes your details and advises we will get a call if there is room ( he did advise it would be about an hr) after about an hr, we got the call! The bar is extremely small but because of the set up, and the number they allow, it doesn't seem full at all, we were seated by a waitress and advised that if we wanted a drink, we were to press the bell! Decor was stunning, and I felt that I had gone back to Bugsy Malone era!! This bar is a definite must! Make sur you also check out the wall paper in the bathroom!!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

It takes a while to get in this room but once you do it is really worth it. Initially we were greeted by a young woman who in a very clandestine manner opened the front door looked at the queue and started taking names and numbers.
Initially we left the queue because my wife wouldn't wait but we returned about an hour later and got straight in. People did seem to be able to bypass the queue but as much as we tried to figure you how we couldn't.
once we did return Raines law room is possibly the coolest place I have ever been to. The cocktails are eclectic and therefore offer a varied experience to a generic chain and the service is second to none(this includes the lady who greets you). If you can persevere with the wait this is an experience you shouldn't miss.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I met a co-worker here when I was in town on business. Even though she told me exactly where it was and what to do to get in, I STILL had trouble. But it was worth the effort it took to figure it out!

Ambience is really cool and drinks are super interesting and tasty. Good crowd and great place to meet and catch up for a couple hours. Just really fun and feels special.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We are a mid 40's couple visiting with our mid 70's guests on an early Friday evening for pre dinner drinks.

Our cab dropped us off at 5th & 48th -- we walked down the un-assuming 48th st to the "down the stairway" doorway which was kind of hidden. There's a little name plate at the door and, of course, the doorbell -- which I pushed. There was a long delay. Our guests read the discreet name plate wondering why the heck we were going to a lawyers office. They thought to themselves that I must know someone here - but had no idea what was going on...

Finally The well dressed host only cracked the door expressing that he'll be right back, slammed the door closed, and we waited. A few moments later the host opened the door all the way allowing us entry. We stepped carefully down the stairway into a narrow dimly lit gorgeous lounge. Candles were flickering on the tables which were surrounded by cozy plush couches and chairs. The space is small and intimate and may hold about 50 people, give or take a little.

Drinks are expensive and excellent. Service is excellent. The feeling is mysterious, cozy, sexy-elegant. Background jazz was evident and did not interfere with our conversation at all. This is a place to go with others - not a place to meet others.

2  Thank moxiefox