“Blissage 75”
Review of Bliss Soho NYC

Bliss Soho NYC
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the spot where all the bliss began. Our flagship spa location mixes a modern, tongue-in-chic approach to grooming with a massive menu of fantastic facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, waxing, laser hair removal and body treatments. Our bliss soho location features a retail beauty boutique, a luxe nail lounge, wet treatment rooms for splashy body treatments, and super-relaxing men's and women's locker rooms and lounges. It was bliss soho that launched the 'spa-boom' in the mid-nineties and the best of its trademark touches still remain-like a cleverly compiled menu of super effective services, rhythm and blues tunes, and our legendary brownie buffet - in a fun, upbeat environment that is oh-so-SoHo, NYC.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had the blissage 75 massage quite a few times at Soho, Hoboken , and Boston locations. I was disatisfied by 2 things. One every other blissage I have had went through a regular routine this massage differed from the past ones. The masseuse did a good job at what she did though. @nd, the blissage 75 was less than 75 minutes which was a disappointment. I did receive a discount because of this so was satisfied Bliss addressed my issue. The Soho location has 2 sep lounges, one on first floor is starting to show wear and tear. the showers and steam are very nice if you have time to use them. Gave average rating because of time error, and that massage was nothing special. I get massages every 2-3 weeks and just wasn't wowed by this one.

1  Thank Besos43

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am writing this review under anonymously because of what happened to me at Bliss Soho. The long and short of it -- STAY AWAY. I went in for a Blissage 105 massage on Sunday, February 17th. I had a male masseuse, Carl, who touched me inappropriately. He undraped my chest and massaged my breasts (not just my pectorals) and massaged my pubic area (way passed my bikini line). I told him that I was not okay with what he was doing, and I immediately reported it to the manager on duty, Rachel, who assured me that she would report the incident and it would be investigated. I emailed Rachel the following Tuesday to find out what was going on and she told me that Bliss's corporate risk management department would be in touch. I have tried emailing her again, and have not received a response. Over a week has passed since the incident, and no one from Bliss's corporate office has reached out to me. I am livid at what happened, and even more livid at how they have handled it. Women, beware: Bliss doesn't care if their masseuses break every rule about what a proper massage is supposed to be. Avoid this place at all costs.

16  Thank e c
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Oxygen blast facial was awesome ---- so relaxing. Aesthetictian was really really good. Heated bed is always a plus. The facilities are ok compared to your spa resorts but hey it's the middle of NYC. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Hey! There isnt a post for bliss49 so I figured id throw it onto here since mostly everyone will read through all the reviews anyways.

Just got my first ever brazilian. I was scared to death! Thought it was going to be a traumatizing experience! However, I'm really glad I went to bliss49 because I'd read some reviews on another site on how great the wax technicians are there. Those reviews were accurate!
I randomly picked Vera while I made my reservation online, and she was awesome. Made me feel much less nervous and chatted up the whole time (dunno if she was trying to distract me or she actually is that talktative and outgoing!). Nonetheless, whatever she did worked!

For a first timer, I must say that it was not painful at all with the exception of one of two deep breaths on certain pulls! She was very detailed and had me out of there in about 20 minutes. It was a bit pricey but I'd rather pay a little more and have a good experience than go to a dodgy place, especially when its dealing with my personal stuff!

I hope this review makes some other you girls out there who are interested (but to nerve-wrecked to do it!) will go to Bliss49 and visit Vera. I'll definitely be booking my future appointments with her. Also, everyone at reception and throughout the spa was very nice as well. Made for an overall very pleasant experience.

x

3  Thank missadami
See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I will start by saying that I did enjoy very much my decadent 5 hrs of Bliss Soho spa day at a recent visit - my first. It was a last minute clearing of my calendar, and on a Wed afternoon, I was able to book 3 services for the next day, and while at the spa I added a 4th. I started with a pedicure, then inserted an unscheduled manicure (both by Eva - very good), then I had a wonderful facial (by Ana), then finished with an amazing 75 min massage (by Denise, I think). The experience was courteous, the treats of cheese and crackers, tea, and those tiny delicious brownies was delightful, I liked the space (even though windows and more natural light would have been ideal), and the locker rooms were really nice stocked with all the wonderful Bliss products, which are all available for purchase at the store. A small detour of the delightful experience came with some surprise upcharges from the facial when I closed my account. If I had read the reviews here first, I would have been better prepared to double check how much the "extras" would cost. Some extras were quoted to me, but cost more than quoted, and some were just done to me and not quoted at all. I could afford the extras, but what if it had blown someone's budget? Too bad it seems to be a regular practice from what other reviewers said. Despite that, though, I have to say I did achieve a "higher state of happy" with my visit to Bliss Soho as they promise. I will return, just better prepared. Thank you, Bliss Soho.

2  Thank CariocaGirl