“Not good for the average or small wallet”
Review of Barney's

and up
Fashion Window Walking Tour in New York City
Ranked #226 of 1,098 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Floor after floor of expensive designer clothes, accessories and cosmetics.
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good for the average or small wallet”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I went there during the summer and was very surprised with the sales staff. I thought they would be kind of pretentious, but they were very nice to me - the woman in the concierge gave me directions to the men's section and asked me that if I was looking for something specific she would indicate where it was. The problem of this store are the prices. Too expensive for an average person to buy - casual shirts and polos at $160, denin at $200 and even a cap costing $250. I won't tell that I didn't like anything - this store has pretty nice and sophisticated clothes for young people who want to dress well - but I can buy the same things for half of those prices. Barney's is for the ones who have a lot of money and want to buy in an almost exclusive store - a few people enter in this store - high end clothes.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Victor Y

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

if u get a chance run down and buy yourself a little happy.. and even try FRED the res. upstairs

Visited May 2012
1 Thank 416GYPSY
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“disappointing”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

went there to check out a high heel shoe that was in a fashion magazine, credited to Barney's of NY. When we arrived, they were unable to locate it or even know what we were talking about. For a pricey place, this was a little disappointing.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Tzvika B
Tampa, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Expected more...”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was excited to visit Barney's since I had never been at their retail store before. While it is a large store, I was really unimpressed by what they had to sell. They have a large selection of items yet not many shoppers. While most of the other stores have crazy traffic, Barney's is usually pretty empty (at least on my visits to them.)

In other stores there are usually half a dozen salespeople who ask if they can help you. In Barney's, no salesperson chose to speak to me, even though I was the only one in their department.

I make it a point to visit Barney's when I am in the City, but I basically walk in, walk through, and walk out.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Mj W
Key West, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Gaga's Workshop”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We only went to Barney's to visit Gaga's workshop. I'm glad we went as I am a fan so it was cool. Strange stuff for sale, nothing spectacular but I bought a $40 canvas tote with the cool logo and I love it. They had an awesome kids leather motorcycle jacket for only $650! Too bad I live in Key West, it looked great on my Daughter. Out of our league in price though.

Visited December 2011