“A Raisin in the Sun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barrymore Theater

Barrymore Theater
Ranked #419 of 1,068 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: A historical theater with wonderful architecture and sculptural works.
Baltimore, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Raisin in the Sun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We saw A Raisin in the Sun at the Barrymore Theatre on Saturday and enjoyed the play. The theatrs was very charming and quaint. It seems that every seat in the theatre was a good seat.

New York,NY
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Raisin in the Sun with Denzel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great experience here. The play was great. Theatre was quite small and doesnt have a lobby. But seating is good and acoustics are great. Magic Johnson was in the theatre that night and we had a great time. Would def come back to this theatre again.

Bydgoszcz
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Can I see it one more time, please???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had bought the ticket for A Raisin in the Sun just few months before going to NYC. And thanks Lord I did it:) The tickets were sold out at the show day. The theatre is quite small ( compering to those I have gone to in Poland) There is no foyer only the seatings just behind the doors. But the place is amazing. I had the forth row left Orchestra. I could see everything well, but I think the middle seats are better:) Nevertheless, it was one, amazing experience. All the actors did their best. Denzel was just the cherry on the cake. I was so, so happy to be part of this show. I have never been to a play written by Afro- American and it was something special for me. To see, think, and react upon the play. I had also great pleasure looking at other people in the theatre. When the play finished there was standing ovation, cheerings and clappings. It was something...

Alpharetta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Raisin in the Sun with Denzel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This play was wonderful with the cast of so many talented actor's. My G-kids enjoyed their first experience viewing a play.
The Theatre has perfect seating no matter where. We had seats fifth row left Orchestra. My G-kids found their way through the theatre easily.

Visited May 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A raisin in the sun - Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

What a show, fantastic play. Wouldn't hesitate to a second viewing, mixes comedy and a good plot delivery what is a great show. Denzel will of course steal the headlines but the whole cast makes the experience what it is.

Visited May 2014