“Great But Slow Service ”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #436 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Slow and steady normally wins the race, but for me it was a small L.

I had flown into LGA around 9am and got to the hotel around 1130 thanks to heavy traffic and side street adventures, so by the time I arrived they were clearing out the rooms.
I stored my luggage and walked around the area to get lunch and mingle with friends. Shopping in the W70s is great, I wouldn't recommend taking a cab since it's nearly impossible to flag one down at certain times. Location wise it's nice you can definitely walk at a slow pace here.
By the time I returned it was 1pm, surely they had something available, but they told me no and I sat in the tiny lobby for an hour!!
Even though I sat and watched her check someone in ahead of me.
The rooms are great, kind of roomy really, the one complaint I have is the hallway being dark and the room numbers not being fully visible, once you step off the elevator you're instantly lost.
The elevator is super slow I could've ran up the stairs faster.
The minute I stepped into the room the AC was on full blast (love that) I got in bed and was ready to watch TV.... But there was no signal... (Really? To have a patron wait as long as I did and no cable... Okay.) The wifi here is pretty bad too, so if you're downloading or streaming, you'll be waiting.
You can hear EVERYTHING from the street Unpleasant conversations, sirens, and nearby maintenance/construction.

*this is a busy time of year for NYC so keep in mind for the price hike you're not getting what you paid for. But if you need a place away from Times Square you're good.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlienNoir
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear TheAngryTraveler,
Thank you for your comments. We want to extend our apologies to you for the unpleasant experience you came across at our hotel. I am however, glad to hear that you found some things to be comfortable and to your liking. Thank you again for your feedback.
Coral Castillo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights. Would have changed my reservation if I'd realised how far away it was. I don't mind walking or using trains but not at night so I had to use taxis each night. I was on the 9th floor in a room outside near the stairway. Difficult to get my suitcase along the narrow passage way . The room was reasonably clean but in need of repair, especially the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room big enough for one but would be a squeeze for two. If you want ice be prepared for a trip to the 11th floor as that is the only ice machine. Overall, not too bad but very overpriced as I saw other hotels that friends were staying in which were much cheaper and offered better location and facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank jill186605

Dear jill186605,
Thank you for your comments. Our most sincere apologies as your experience is not what we promote at our hotel. I would love to have you back and make enjoyable memories. Your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I can see now why there are mixed review s. Originally I stayed on the executive level. I had paid for a regular. That was pleasant. The tv and wifi wasn't working. But at least everything seemed cleaned and comfortable and what I would expect of a 3 star hotel. But then they moved my room which is basically any room below the 12th floor. My bed is a double when they say it's a queen. The wallpaper is molded and coming off. My bed sheets barely fit and are ripped. The carpet smells like smoke even though apparently this is non smoking. And the air conditioning takes up the whole window which makes this room seem even smaller. Plus the wifi and tv are STILl not working. Thank goodness I'm out of here tomorrow. It cannot come soon enough. The thing is if the concierge or front desk at least apologized or tried to fix it. But all they say is everyone's room is like that and I will call you back. Which of course they don't. This is what I imagine my room would look like if I took up heroin and hooking. One good thing... The location is upper west side; It's away from most of the extreme nyc tourist stuff but the upper west side is one of the dream locations to live in Manhattan. It's more quiet, family oriented and because it's so close to both parks abd the water you get to feel abd see each season. So for the price I completely suggest elsewhere. I mean even another crappy hotel would at least have some tv and wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ceceke

Dear ceceke,
Thank you for your comments and review. We do take your comments very seriously and appreciate you informing us. We have spoken to our staff regarding the seriousness of any issues brought up to them. Our deepest apologies regarding our staff's lack of urgency. We have discussed your comments with the team. Again our apologies for not meeting your expectations and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were really worried when checking into the hotel after some of the recent comments about this hotel. But overall we were really happy with our room. The beds were really comfortable, we always had hot water, didn't have any concerns about our safety and the location was really convenient. The only negative was the hotel staff were a little unfriendly when checking in and only 2 elevators were working during our stay, meaning we usually gave up waiting and instead took the stairs. Whilst the hotel was a little dated, overall for the price we paid and the quiet location, we were happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kerryn A,

Thank you for your comments and review. I am happy to know that you enjoy your time at our hotel as it is our goal. We will definitely share your comments with the front office staff. Thanks again for your valuable feedback

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have stayed in many places in NYC so we knew what we were in for, it's a small space, older, sometimes you share bathrooms etc. Our room was clean, that was the most important and safe of course. When we checked in they informed us the cable was being re wired, I personally was not bothered, but the Husband thought we should get a discount of some sort. Wireless worked fine, a bit slow but worked. The location is great right in front of the 1,2,3 lines! We didn't spend too much time in the room, just to sleep, shower etc. staying in NYC is expensive in general, so if you want cheaper better stay in a hostel!

Dear KAVIKAKAVIKA,

Thank you for your comments and review. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Yes, NYC can be very expensive especially when compared to other major cities. All of your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Spent 3 nights at this establishment while in NYC to attend operas at the Met. Older hotel Under renovation both Inside and outside. Our room had recently been renovated. It was spacious and clean and pleasant. We were on the 4th floor but it was very quiet. Our room faced W. 94th. The air conditionning was a litthe noisy however and we had to close it one night. Fortunately the weather was still on the cool side. The TV was not working, the network was down for the duration of our stay but it did not bother us unduely.The bathroom was a little on the small side. Not much space to put our toileteries at the sink and there could have been more lighting. There is only 4 small elevators (one was under maintenance) but we didn't have to wait too much.We found the staff pleasant, courteous and helpful. We liked the hotel location and its affordablility. for NYC. There were many restaurants near by.

1  Thank PAC168
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear PAC168,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. I am happy your experience at the Days Hotel Broadway was an enjoyable one. I’ll be sure to share all of your comments with our team to enhance our service.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hi

This feedback is for all people who are thinking to book this So called INN. This is the worst ever Hotel/Inn i have ever seen. The beds stinks so badly and the bedsheets are never ever been changed. The bathroom stinks like its never ever been cleaned. The curtains are full of dirt and dusk. I booked it and paid for 3 nights in advance, and i checked out in total 20 Mins. i had to book another hotel as soon i saw the room and my whole prepaid booking for this hotel got wasted.
Please please please dont book this hotel, total waste of money and time.

2  Thank Abhishek B