“Not recommended”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #429 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Not recommended”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

There is no free/frequent shuttle bus to the airport. Taxi of hotel is terrible; expensive and even took me to the wrong terminal. No one is responsible at front desk when you call them. No restaurant in the hotel. The elevator was bad

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ehsan A
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Ehsan:
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your experience with us was not entirely up to your expectations - it is always our intention to provide the highest level of customer service.
Please be advised there are several shuttle services providing frequent transportation to our Hotel, which can be accessed at the ground transportation desk at each airport terminal. Taxi fares from airports in New York City are fixed by the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission to avoid visitors being overcharged. While there is no restaurant in the Hotel itself, there is a wide variety of restaurants within easy walking distance. We were sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by the elevators.
We do however hope that you would consider come back and give us the opportunity to rectify the inconveniences you experienced while you were a guest here. Thank you.

Email: ccastillo@dayshotelnyc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Arrived at hotel just before 10pm on a Thursday for a 2night stay. Luckily we were able to pull the car over in front of a fire hydrant to unload-otherwise there is nowhere to unload. My husband checked in and asked where to park as we had been told when we booked that there were several nearby garages. Staff told him garages were closed now and he would have to find a spot on the street. They did not suggest where to go to have the best chance of finding parking. Luckily my husband travels a lot and did ok driving around in the congestion to find a spot but I could see where this could be a very stressful situation for many if you thought you were going to park in a garage. Hotel is dated and rooms/elevators are very small. Room was clean. Room info said there was an ice machine on our 5th floor location but there was not. We finally found one on the 11th floor. Went to the desk to ask for an extra bath towel and clerk snapped at my son stating he had to go all the way to the basement to get one and would send someone to bring it up. He seemed very annoyed by this request, even though my son offered to wait at the desk so he would not have to bring it to us. Staff are very unengaging with guests and do not go out of their way to offer any assistance. Location is convenient to subway. First night our room was very warm, no matter how much we adjusted the window unit. Second night we were able to get temperature better regulated and left the fan running, which drowned out most of the street noise. When we arrived back at our room the 2nd night, neither of our key cards worked and we had to wait for the elevator, which is slow, to go back down to the desk to get the keys fixed. Staff offered no apologies for this inconvenience. Friends stayed in a hotel near times square that was newer, bigger, helped with parking and offered breakfast and did not cost much more per night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NC5Travelers
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear NYC5Travelers,

We regret that there were some things that you didn't like about the hotel and your stay here. I would like to apologize if you feel that the staff was not friendly. We always try to provide the best service possible and we are disappointed that our service did not come across the way we intended. I hope that despite the negatives, you give us another chance to offer you a better experience. We would love to have you back, please contact us directly for any future reservations.

Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

On arriving after a long haul flight from Ireland we were given 2 tiny rooms with 2 double beds there is 6 in our party. This includes 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The staff need cutomer service skills and they simply didn't get what the problem was. We were moved the following night 2 2 larger rooms with 2 double beds in each. In 1 of the rooms roasting hot steam was bellowing from the radiator. The maintaince enginer informed us this is normal?? My husband has been with a large burn & blister on his hand which he got trying 2 turn the air conditioning off as it was extremely nosiey. Clearly not child or family friendly or safe if they have hot steam bellowing from the radiators. I will be demanding a full refund for the 1st night as I didn't receive what I paid for and I'm not happy. Will poat2 another review if I get any satisfaction from the hotel manager.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sdinds79
Dear Sdinds79,

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. If you would like to give us another chance please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Unbelievably horrible hotel. The worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. They show lovely rooms on the website and when you get your room its 100 years old and stinky as hell! To get to a semi decent room they asked me for an upgrade fee which i refused to pay, So they gave me another room that was 30% decent but smelled like ammonia… I spent 1 hour just getting a 50% decent room, which was far from great. TV doesn't work. I highly recommend you don't come near this hotel ever. worst of the worst...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gil S
Dear Mr. Gil,

It saddens me to read your comments relating your most recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to know that we did not meet your expectations when you book our hotel. As a customer I know how frustrating it can be to pay for something and for the other half of the agreement not to be met. I on the other hand would love to make it up to you by inviting you back to our hotel and show you how much better we can do. I would also like if you can contact me personally in order for me to identify which rooms you were in, so I can send my team to address them. Thank you for sharing your comments, where there good or bad; we will continuously keep working on improving.

Regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff are very friendly and try to be accomodating however I am sure they are challenged daily because there is alot wrong with the hotel in general, jarring elevators, no wifi or cable, the room is shabby and the housekeeping leaves alot to be desired. As a native New Yorker I can tell you there is alot going on in this hotel that has less to do with business but more to do with pleasure. I was unhappy with my room and received a full refund.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave B
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Dave B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I can't apologize enough for not providing you a pleasant stay which is any hotel's primary purpose. It’s simply unacceptable that we missed the opportunity to accommodate you. My hopes are that you give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right next to the 94th/broadway street entrance to the subway. This was really convenient for us, as was the pharmacy next door and the choices of restaurants within walking distance.

The people at the front desk were polite and helpful, if understaffed during busy times.

I had booked a non-smoking double but the front desk gave us a free upgrade to a business double. The room was immaculate, wasn't cramped, had a neat view, and everything worked except the room safe. We had to let the water run for a while in the tub in order for the hot water to start, but once it got going we had nice hot showers.

The heater was occasionally noisy but I normally pack earplugs since as a country girl the street noises in cities keep me awake. And boy were there noises at night! I swear Wanda Sykes was on the street 11 floors below yelling at someone Sunday night.

The antiquated elevators were a bit of an adventure. They were very small, took a long time to get to the lobby, and had some jarring bounces to it. My husband thought that was fun but it made me a little queasy.

Overall I was thrilled with the hotel, especially since I got reservations at a discounted rate and a free upgrade.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GremlinGrrl
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear GremlinGrrl,

Thanks for the great review! We're pleased to hear that we met all of your needs during your trip to New York City. We take great pride in our excellent customer service, and we are glad that you appreciated our location as well as our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to during your next trip to NYC!

Bologna, Italy
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have reserved a standard room for 2 people and I was very surprised when I found out where my room was.
The room was located outside the corridor, in the exit stairs location.
It was very small and you could sniff the smell of cigarette (as someone just smoke in the room).
The air conditioner was shaking and in the shower there was a puddle of water.
The bed was broken and different pieces of carpet were hand -sewn.
After complaining and asking for a bigger room (we couldn't even fit the 2 luggage) the guy at the desk told me "this is what you paid for ... for an upgrade of 30 dollars per day I can give you a bigger room" I accepted and they gave me a room in the upper floors and that was much better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have been renewed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PiPP0PPiP
Dear PiPPoPPi,

I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We strive for a perfect 10 every stay for each and every one of our guests and we are disappointed that we did not meet that standard in your case. I am however, glad that after you moved you were more comfortable. We recognized that you have an option when choosing hotels and we appreciate you choosing us. Thank you and I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. .