“One good thing the staff is friendly”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #433 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff are very friendly and try to be accomodating however I am sure they are challenged daily because there is alot wrong with the hotel in general, jarring elevators, no wifi or cable, the room is shabby and the housekeeping leaves alot to be desired. As a native New Yorker I can tell you there is alot going on in this hotel that has less to do with business but more to do with pleasure. I was unhappy with my room and received a full refund.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave B
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Dave B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I can't apologize enough for not providing you a pleasant stay which is any hotel's primary purpose. It’s simply unacceptable that we missed the opportunity to accommodate you. My hopes are that you give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right next to the 94th/broadway street entrance to the subway. This was really convenient for us, as was the pharmacy next door and the choices of restaurants within walking distance.

The people at the front desk were polite and helpful, if understaffed during busy times.

I had booked a non-smoking double but the front desk gave us a free upgrade to a business double. The room was immaculate, wasn't cramped, had a neat view, and everything worked except the room safe. We had to let the water run for a while in the tub in order for the hot water to start, but once it got going we had nice hot showers.

The heater was occasionally noisy but I normally pack earplugs since as a country girl the street noises in cities keep me awake. And boy were there noises at night! I swear Wanda Sykes was on the street 11 floors below yelling at someone Sunday night.

The antiquated elevators were a bit of an adventure. They were very small, took a long time to get to the lobby, and had some jarring bounces to it. My husband thought that was fun but it made me a little queasy.

Overall I was thrilled with the hotel, especially since I got reservations at a discounted rate and a free upgrade.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GremlinGrrl
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear GremlinGrrl,

Thanks for the great review! We're pleased to hear that we met all of your needs during your trip to New York City. We take great pride in our excellent customer service, and we are glad that you appreciated our location as well as our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to during your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have reserved a standard room for 2 people and I was very surprised when I found out where my room was.
The room was located outside the corridor, in the exit stairs location.
It was very small and you could sniff the smell of cigarette (as someone just smoke in the room).
The air conditioner was shaking and in the shower there was a puddle of water.
The bed was broken and different pieces of carpet were hand -sewn.
After complaining and asking for a bigger room (we couldn't even fit the 2 luggage) the guy at the desk told me "this is what you paid for ... for an upgrade of 30 dollars per day I can give you a bigger room" I accepted and they gave me a room in the upper floors and that was much better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have been renewed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PiPP0PPiP

Dear PiPPoPPi,

I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We strive for a perfect 10 every stay for each and every one of our guests and we are disappointed that we did not meet that standard in your case. I am however, glad that after you moved you were more comfortable. We recognized that you have an option when choosing hotels and we appreciate you choosing us. Thank you and I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. .

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This past weekend, we traveled to New York City with our 80 year old aunt and 86 year old uncle for a family celebration.

At 6 a.m. on Monday morning, Auntie realized that someone had come into their room as they slept and stolen all of their cash, a debit card, a couple of checks and a credit card.

However, the robbers were kind enough not to steal their driver's license, which would have prevented us from being able to fly home! (Our room was two floors down.)

Auntie called the front desk and was told the manager wouldn't be in that day, but would be informed later. Also, Auntie was told that it was up to her whether to call the police. They expressed no interest in Auntie and Uncle's safety and well-being or concern in determining whether other guests had been robbed.

The police, however, were excellent, quickly taking Auntie and Uncle's statements so we could get to the airport for our flight home. At the airport, I tried to call the hotel managers, but again was told they were off that day. We have yet to hear from the hotel regarding this incident.

Here are the lessons -- ALWAYS USE THE DEADBOLTS ON YOUR HOTEL ROOM. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO COME INTO YOUR ROOM WHILE YOU SLEEP AND ROB YOU!

By the way, there is no question that a robbery did occur. Before we were able to get them stopped, the credit card was used for a $70 taxi fare and the debit card was used for a meal at a restaurant.

We're so glad that neither Auntie nor Uncle awakened while this robber was in their room. They are safe and that is certainly the most important thing. Also, because they realized pretty quickly that the robbery had occurred, the robbers achieved relatively little financially.

Due to the employees' lack of concern regarding this incident, I wonder if this has occurred previously. I have very strong concerns regarding the safety of this hotel.

(Just noticed someone else reported on this site that they had items stolen, too!)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Denise H
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The tv wasn't working altough we had payed for a tv and the wifi was barely working either. The heater made a lot of high (really really high) noices during the night and the temp couldn't be controlled from the room so it was either freezing or deadly hot. The shower head was about to fall out of the wall. No refrigerator. Overall the hotel was dirty. Would never ever stay at this place again.
Although so is the location ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anthonia L
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Antonia L,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are always trying to improve at The
Days Hotel Broadway and we greatly appreciate all feedback whether it is positive or negative. I am very sorry that you did not have a good time at our property during your stay here. On your next stay with us you can contact me at the Front Desk and I would be happy to show you exactly what we can provide and how much we have improve. I look forward to your next visit and I am confident you will have a great time here.
Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We very recently stayed in the hotel from the 10th to the 16th of February, we checked out, and left our luggage in the hold behind the reception desk, during the time our luggage was in the hold a pair of $250 headphones were stolen, after arriving home, I rang the hotel twice, enquiring about the headphones, the woman I spoke to said "well they must have been stolen so there's nothing we can do about it" and the second time, I asked to speak to the manager and she said "I have already told you, we can't do anything about it, we don't steal, we don't do that here."
I am currently waiting to call again to speak to the manager due to the fact I was told she would be back "in a while." Although being entirely unhelpful or sympathetic to the situation, she was completely dismissive, the customer service is awful and I'm still short the headphones I saved for! On top of this, the hotel is very run down and nothing like what the website suggests, the wifi is ridiculous and the TV has 3/4 channels, the hotel smelt awful and the staff always seemed as if we were a nuisance and we were bothering them by asking questions.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Conair M
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We were in NYC for the weekend and tried this place through Hotwire roulette. It's a great location and reasonably good value. Our quibble with the place is that we requested and paid for a non-smoking room with a queen-sized bed. That particular combination was unavailable and they tried to convince us that we had requested a smoking room, thus not offering a discount. The standard size non-smoking room was fine. It's just the principle if the thing.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tapave

Dear tapave,
Thank you for your comments. We at The Days Hotel always encourage guest to book their reservation directly with the hotel where we can guarantee the room type and any additional request you may have. When booking with other sources they will sell you what they have available. I am glad however that you found the room to be comfortable despite not being the type you initially requested. We recognize that you have a choice when staying in NYC, and we greatly appreciate you choosing The Days Hotel Broadway.
Regards,