“Not very good”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #431 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel is well situated, near the subway, the room is good as well as the beds.
The batheroom is good except for the towels that are very small. Room and bathroom are very clean.
The staff at the lobby is extremely unpolite. There is always just only one person there to attend everybody and answer phone calls at the same time.
It was supposed to be cable tv in all rooms wich is not true.
They didnt informed us when asked about a computer at the hotel and sent us three blocks away, On the last day we found the a room with computers near the lobby. You have to pay to use it but it was the same on the place they sent us. We needed to print a voucher. If not, there is wi-fi.
You can hear noise from other rooms, keys not always work and you have to go down to the lobby to reset them.
If the prices were lower even at the time of the year I went I could stay there again, but for what they charge I would certainly look for another hotel

Room Tip: If you have a better option dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear FlaSchneider,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so very sorry to read that your experience of your recent stay with us was not a positive one. We wish we would have had the chance to correct them. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ccastillo@dayshotelnyc.com so I will certainly make it a point to regain your confidence. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights in December, from the moment I walked in I felt welcome. The staff was very friendly, check in quick. My room was small, but very clean. Quality sheets and pillows. Coffee maker in the room, iron / ironing board, great hair dryer. Plenty of hot water and water pressure - the bathroom was super clean. The decor is nothing special, but my room did have 3 windows. I had the same experience as others - slow elevator and no TV, but really this was not a problem - I was exhausted from my long days touring, so I was glad not to be tempted to stay up late watching TV. As others have said - GREAT location near subway and bus, plenty of restaurants, small grocery stores, a drug store, coffee shops etc etc. Plus the neighborhood was quiet and not crowded - I'm not sure about the rates, I used my Delta frequent flier miles.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor - so the elevator wait wan't too bad, but I agree, try to get a roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

First time visiting New York and took the only place available. Pleasantly surprised to find this really nice spot that was conveniently located close to the 96th Street subway stop, warm and cosy rooms that kept us housed for the 6 nights. Need to get their act together with those lifts which are very dodgy but otherwise a really nice place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here over the Thanks Giving period with my wife. This was our first time visiting NYC so can't compare with any other hotels but for what we needed it was perfect, great location and prefect for access to Subway. Rooms were clean ( no TV service but who really goes to NYC to watch TV lol) Would deffo recommend this hotel to others who don't wanna waste money on expensive hotels, we had a problem with our radiator when we arrived which I reported to reception and and that was fixed immediately :) Good Location, Good Rooms and Good service what more do you need for a stay in NYC

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Days Inn Broadway for 3 nights from 6th Dec till 9th Dec 2013. The rates I paid was quite high for this hotel as it was during the weekend, but I have no regrets. The hotel is quite decent. The staff were quite friendly, warm and pleasant, though not many are there. The room I got was an old room. I guess all rooms are of same standard only. Nothing fancy, but practical and good enough space and amenities.

The best part of staying in the hotel is not inside the hotel, but around and nearby it. 96th subway station is just 2 mins walk from the hotel. 1,2 & 3 Trains stop here. Time square 42nd street station is just 2 stops away and less than 10 minutes. There are plenty of restaurants around the block. Just opposite the hotel is Corner cafe which serves good sandwiches and meals from 5am till midnight. Tandoori, another Indian restaurant is bang opposite to the hotel though I didn't try this restaurant during my stay. All cuisines are just 10 minds walking distance from here, be it Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Indian, English, Mexican, you get all in a matter of few meters away.

I had lunch from another Indian restaurant on the other side of the block. It's called Ayurveda Cafe. Indian vegetarian food in a pre set menu. Quite nice it was.

One issue faced on the check in day was in finding my room. There are no leading signs guiding to the room. I literally walked all the alleys searching for my room, and luckily one lady came in the lift nbd showed me my room.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the lower floors. Getting elevator during the peak times quite a task as this one mov...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Manumahdi,

Thank you for your delightful review and recommendation. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and found the staff to be friendly and the room clean and of an adequate size. I am glad that you were able to explore the area and find other establishments that were able to meet your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back as a loyal Days Hotel Broadway customer.

Days Hotel Broadway
215 West 94th Street
New York, New York 10025
P. 212.866.6400
F.646.698.0514
Email: ccastillo@dayshotelnyc.com

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed at the Days Inn for 7 days in Dec 2013. I travelled with my husband and two teenage children and we shared a double room with two double beds. We were upgraded on our arrival to an executive room which was on the 11th floor. The room wifi worked well, the only complaint we had was that the room had no tv as the cable was out and did not come on the entire week we were there. The lifts were a bit slow but the hotel was busy. Staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurants in the vicinity were great. It was close to the subway station which was a plus. Overall a great stay and we would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It is close to Broadway shows, lots of restaurants. Parking across the street. Very good breakfast included, and they also accept pets. Also great service...and bus station is close by too.I will definitely will return with my dogs.......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Michel01,
I cannot be happier reading your review. I am so glad that your trip to The Days Hotel Broadway was what you expected and our hotel and staff made it even more special. We want our guests to be fully satisfied with their stay and have a wonderful time and I am happy that we reached this goal during your stay. Moreover, we are not pet friendly however we do accept service pets with the proper certification. We will be looking forward to your future stays!

Best,