“Never again..will I ever stay here!!”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #433 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Sheila E

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week and I never believed in ghosts before this experience. So many strange things happened in this hotel including my phone continually turning itself upside down to how I would place it on the table (I would place it face down and when I would look at it a minute later it was face up again), photos were taken on my phone at 5am in the morning when we woke up around 9am each day...pictures included aura looking shots. Alarm decided to go off randomly when I asked what the time was, as soon as we walked into the bathroom one morning the faucet went on full blast...and the list goes on. Strange hotel--upon check out asked staff if hotel was haunted and they replied "yes, our cleaners complain about it bring haunted and just the other night she experienced something strange again herself"....very weird. Apart from the haunted stuff, hotel was old, lift sounded like it was going to breakdown all the time. Location was OK But nothing fantastic. Close to the subway and the seinfeld diner was a ten minute walk away! Pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013

It’s with sincere gratitude I extend my appreciation for an outstanding job of true service provided to me during my stay at the Days Inn Hotel from December 21-23. One of the employees, Ms. Coral Castillo, did an exemplary job with making me and my girlfriend comfortable and ensuring a relaxing time during our stay as if it was a “home away from home”. The time, attention and dedication provided allowed us to have a smooth check-in and departure process, which is needed when one travels many miles to visit an area. The graceful and efficient manner allowed us to appreciate New York even more and want to come back in the near future. We are indebted to the courtesy provided to us and would like to extend our thanks and appreciation. We look forward to frequenting the Days hotel establishment in the near future. Once again, thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stan D
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our weekend experience was wonderful. The staff was very attentive to our needs and helpful with everything, especially Coral Castillio. She made sure we were taken care of, which made our overall experience enjoyable and we will definitely return and frequent this hotel. We had the pleasure of staying in the penthouse suite and it was very cozy, clean and reasonable for New York. The hotel was conveniently located near great restaurants and walking distance to the subway. Once you find parking in the area you are set for your entire stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keiha P
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My son had interviews at Columbia Medical and Mt. Sinai. We never needed a taxi to the medical centers or to and from Penn Station. The subway and bus were minutes away.

The staff was very pleasant. The hotel is older but the room was clean. We had a refurbished room with a new bathroom and 2 queen size beds. Very comfortable. Older TV-not a lot of channels. Wi-fi with a strong signal. The room was quiet although it has steam heat so sometimes you could hear the steam coming out of the valve.

There is no restaurant but across the street is the Corner Cafe for breakfast and Broadway has many fine not too expensive restaurants nearby.

We walked at night on Broadway. It was very enjoyable. Duane Reade next door is open 24 hours if you need virtually anything.

When I packed I left my sons shoes in the closet. We went back to hotel and they gave me access to the room-no shoes. They contacted housekeeping and within minutes they presented the shoes to me wrapped in a plastic bag. The toilet was running and engineering came within 5 minutes to fix.

Great convenience and pleasant. I would definitely stay her again.

Room Tip: I would highly suggest. Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The building is old and there are smoking rooms and smoking floors, which for my non-smoking travel companion was a problem (though I didn't mind). At first they messed up our reservation and put is in a double room instead of a queen. With a quick call to the lobby, we were upgraded to a suite with a queen and a separate living room. Very nice!

Also, take advantage of the breakfast deal with the Europa across the street, totally worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family