“Wonderful Stay”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #438 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay! I felt very safe and secure here! The staff was friendly and helpful! A great dining experience at Carmine's wonderful italian food which is just a few blocks from hotel. I took the train to Penn Station and would advise first timers to ask for Train 2 or 3 when they arrive so that they get on correct train to hotel as it is very close. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,052)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day/3 night trip to NYC and my first stay at the Days Hotel and the Upper West Side. I'm a frequent NY visitor, and the UWS is my new favorite base of operations. It's literally a 100 yards out the hotel's door to the 1/2/3 subway station and you can connect to anywhere in the city from there. It's also easy to take subway/bus to and from LGA to the Days Hotel, no need to take a cab or car service.
The Days Hotel is old, with a little patina on it, but was a great place to spend my evenings. I would call my room on the 6th floor "refreshed" with a newly updated bathroom, while the rest of the room's furnishings were kind of dated, but homey. My queen room was pretty big by Manhattan standards and although my window faced the building next door, the upside was that the room was quiet and dark at night, allowing a very restful sleep after exploring the city all day. The WiFi worked great in my room for my Ipad and smartphone. The infamous elevators are a bit slow and quirky, but I never had to wait long to go up or down.
There's also great "authentic" restaurants all around the hotel, so much better than going to chains, fast food, or touristy hotspots. I had to send some stuff home via the post office and the bellhop told me how to get to one just a few blocks away.
The staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful when I needed something. Didn't need much, but they held my luggage coming and going, offered directions when I asked, etc. I would definitely stay here again if the price was right, it's now on my shortlist of places to check first for my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

As everyone's said, this isn't a luxury hotel but it is a comfortable place in a good location. It's handy to a subway and an easy walk to Central Park. We stayed in a twin room and the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and functional. Noise does carry a bit in the hotel which could be a downside if you're a light sleeper. The price was very reasonable, easily the cheapest we could find - recommend it based on that alone.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank yvettevy
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I wasnt expecting much out of this hotel, but I was impressed. We were upgraded to the PH. The room was small but was decently renovated. Faucets and shower heads were Kohler, no tub (which I prefer). It was clean and the black and white motif makes it chic and spacious despite the New York size. Check in was at 4pm and we arrived 2 hrs earlier and we were given the room right away. Service from the front desk to the bellboy was great. One thing I wasnt so crazy about was a framed photo of a sexy woman on a cross, as if being crucified. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank alena_724
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I spent 2 nights at The Days Inn Broadway while attending a conference and was very happy with the level of service and helpfulness of the entire staff I had contact with. I stayed in one of the club level rooms and it was well appointed and spotless. The location is perfect ! Near great dining and the subway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CJMANNINGSR
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but what do you expect for less than $200 a night in a good part of Manhattan? Unless you just have to stay in Midtown or trendier neighborhoods, it's a fantastic location. The Upper West Side is a pleasant part of the city, without the up-tight hustle of Midtown or the self-conscious hipness of points downtown, yet there are many good, unpretentious restaurants nearby, and with the subway two blocks away, you can get anywhere easily. I found the hotel impeccably clean, the staff helpful and friendly. Very convenient to Central Park, museums. The location isn't so touristy as the blocks around Times Square; you get the idea you see more of how New Yorkers live -- well, some New Yorkers. Comfortable bed, sound plumbing -- bathroom is pretty small, but not uncomfortable. All-around, a pretty good deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David H
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed on level 11, I think that some floors have been renovated and some not. Our room was totally renovated, very fresh and clean. The only thing missing was the fridge. There was a cupboard for it, but nothing in it! I don't know if this was meant to be the case or not.
I've stayed in NYC before, again on the Upper West Side and the location of this hotel is superior. Like others have said, right near the subway, plenty of stores, banks, conveniences that you need within blocks of the hotel. There is even a 24 hour drug store downstairs that stocks absolutely everything.
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, a very small gym with a treadmill and such, but you're in New York. If you want all of the added extras, you'll have to head downtown, stay at a chain hotel and pay for it. I would definitely stay here again. Oh I just remembered, the only thing I would change about the hotel would be the size of the towels. I first thought it was an extra large hand towel but was mistaken - it was the bath towel. No drama's though, just call for more.

Room Tip: Level 11 rooms and call for more towels.