“Pro: Good location/Con: So dirty”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #435 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I checked into the hotel knowing that I shouldn't be expecting much. I had gotten a great deal on the standard guest room ($240 for two nights) and already had in mine that it wasn't going to be up to par as other New York City hotels. When I got to the room, I didn't even want to take my shoes off to walk around. The carpet smelled of dank mildew and cigarette smoke. It was highly noticeable that the wood on the entertainment center, cupboards, and desk was chipping off. The shower would flip from being extremely hot to extremely cold at a moments notice. I was missing a remote for my TV, and called downstairs. They sent up a repairman with a broken remote, and within 5 minutes he sat down on my bed while making a personal phone call. So unprofessional. The service was unhelpful and unsympathetic. However, the hotel was very well situated to many cafes, restaurants, the subway to downtown Manhattan, and Central Park. All in all, this place was a dump. My advice: pay the extra $50 a night to stay somewhere else that you don't have to worry about your personal hygiene being compromised.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kerry r

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hotel is in a very good location: close to the subway (red line, 1-2-3), and to central park. Nearby there are many restaurants and a Starbucks for your Frappuccino :) Our room was really silent, but the view was terrible (we saw only other courtyards). It was big and comfortable, but in our opinion not so clean ( fitted carpet on the floor).
The staff is really kind and there is a person dedicated to organizing trips for tourists and answering questions, really useful.
Maybe too much expensive, we paid almost 100 $ per person per night, but is upper west side in Manhattan :)

1  Thank Enrico N
Reviewed September 23, 2012

this hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, near express subway trains that go straight to time square. its fairly clean and decent. we have stayed here 3 times and will stay here again. average price at this hotel is about $150. a bit over priced but then again most hotels are in Manhattan.

good air conditioning, clean rooms, friendly staff

down side to this hotel is no on site restaurant, just a Subway and taco bell around the corner, no Wi-Fi in rooms

Room Tip: tell them you are a reviewer for trip advisor and you should be ok lol
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We aren't tourists. We've lived in NY and usually stay with family when we go into the City, but since we had to be at an event on the upper West Side we figured it would be easier to stay in a hotel close by so we picked this place for its location. It's really in need of refurbishing. The lobby isn't very clean, the elevators were kind of scary in that you could look right down into the elevator shaft as you stepped into the elevator. The halls were dirty. The room had very worn out furniture, even an old analogue tv with poor reception. The bathroom walls were peeling. The towels were thin. Although worn out looking, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom adequate. I can't believe what we paid for this. It wasn't cheap. Most of the other guests were foreign tourists. I don't recommend Days Inn Hotel.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very clean rooms, great location and very helpful and kindly staff.

1 minute walk from subway and full of shops on the down street!!!

Unfortunately no wiifii in the rooms and not a lot of seating in the lobby where you can surf the web.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Positives:
- saw NO roaches/other critters and seemed generally cleanish
- quiet
- large bathroom compared to other hotels
- bed was reasonably comfortable
- location

Dislikes:
- severe allergy attack within 5 minutes of every time I entered my room. I went through a pack of Benadryl during my stay. Not sure if it was the dust or some not-visible mold...but as soon as I would leave the room it was fine.
- towels reminded me of my nightmares from high school gym class... If your waist is more than 32", bring your own towel or ask for 2
- air conditioner didn't work very well and was probably part of my allergy problem
- pillows lumpy
- shower head had been newly installed, but wrongly so...water shot straight up to the ceiling, which was just hilarious but messy.
- not remotely good for a couples-get-away...we are talking totally un-romantic...the far opposite end of "the mood"

Overall, this hotel seemed to be in dis-repair...very sad becuase it could be quite nice.

I've stayed I this neighborhood before, and for about $20 more, you can get a much nicer place with a laot more character. There are so many beautiful old hotels, but this one just seemed very boring and just hanging on above "dumpy".

You can do better.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel between 3 to 7 September with a friend. Using the right websites I was able to get a good deal with this hotel and pay a reasonable price. NYC hotels are over priced as a general fact so you have to pay a lot to get a modern room.

This hotel location is in the Upper West Side and being next to the 96th Street and 1,2,3 line you are within easy travel to the rest of NYC. The room are dated and small but clean and is prefect as a place to sleep. The bathroom I found generally very clean. It is very much a bed to sleep and shower. The rest of the hotel doesn't attract you and you have no desire to be there.

There is NO wi-fi in the rooms but only in the lobby which is annoying. They said this is a short term thing but I suspect it is a long term issue. The lifts are also very slow, so I recommend you grab the stairs case going down.

The staff were friendly with the limit resources they have. Having a place to storage your suitcase and a safe in your room were very good.

Stay here if you're a solo, couple or friends who just want a place to sleep and wash. If you want something more special, you will have to pay for it.

Room Tip: I feel it is hit and miss in where your room is locate. I did witness people just asking the recepti...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends