“Friendly, quiet, clean and well stuated”

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #18 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Copenhagen
“Friendly, quiet, clean and well stuated”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Quite frankly, we had decided to not let the possibility of a poor hotel spoil our first ever trip to USA and New York. We picked this hotel for its situation, price and the majority of consistently good reviews it had already. Having said that, when you get a good hotel, it really makes the holiday something special, and this was one of them. It´s small, friendly, cosy, quiet, spotlessly clean, and generally more like a private home than a hotel with bar and restaurant.
Situated literally 2 mins walk to Times Sq., on a 400 yard street full of international restaurants and bars, it could n´t have been better. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet. No noise from the street or from the restaurant downstairs. The beds were big and comfortable, the room and bathroom small but tasteful and clean. We only used the room to sleep in, but we felt good coming back to it after a long day sightseeing and shopping. The little coffee machine in the kitchenette was used constantly, and there was enough coffee for our daily needs. It would have been nice with a couple of glasses so we could enjoy our wine more instead of drinking from a coffee mug, but this was peanuts.
The manager, Colin, was fantastic, and he will be remembered as a very positive part of our holiday, as will Tori and John - thanks to all of you! We will be back sometime in the future and will look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VinsDad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I traveled by myself for leisure.
Bottom line, the service in the hotel was perfect and cannot expect anything better.

-Staff hospitality was awesome. They provided me the information in the city in details. Especially Collin who is the hotel manager was so awesome. It was so kind of him to
run to get for a taxi while I was rushing for flight to catch.
-Location was few blocks away from times square which was super efficient to go anywhere.
-High speed Internet cable in the room. It helped to search where to go in NYC.
-Amenity(Shampoo, Hair conditioner, Body soap, and Body oil) was L'occitane which had high quality
-Breakfast was good especially the bagels were yummy.
-Coffee and tea were free in the room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
RI
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I just returned from my fourth stay at The French Quarters. It is simply the perfect place to stay in NYC. The rooms are beautiful, the location is sensational, and the staff is the best -- always friendly and always helpful. Thanks for another great visit, Colin and staff! I will be back again soon!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
bedford hills
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I'm not sure where to begin. Had the opportunity to stay in this hotel this past weekend and I will never stay anywhere else in the city again. The cleanliness of the rooms has to be the most appealing to a clean freak like me but I have to say that the comfort of the beds was also unbelievable. The design of the rooms (I was in a 2 bdrm suite with a awesome view of the back street of times square) was kind of french country meets modern loft, with it's exposed brick. The bath and shower was roomy and pretty and the water pressure was strong. Just a elevator ride down was a great bar with great food and music. Continental breakfast and outside lanai area was perfect. Staff was so nice!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My boyfriend booked a room at the French Quarters for our weekend getaway. We were very impressed with the place! The room was beautiful- nicely decorated and furnished, clean; the bathroom was nice with a large walk in shower. My favorite part of the room was the bed. I absolutely loved it! It was the most comfortable bed I've been in at a hotel - and we spent a lot of time in it ;)
The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The French Quarters is in a great location-close to Times Square, theater district, and restaurants. We stayed on a Saturday night, so there was a lot going on.
I would definitely recommend The French Quarters to anyone. We had a wonderful weekend- just wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you to my boyfriend and Trip Advisor for finding the perfect place for our getaway! You are awesome!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This hotel is amazing! Great front desk staff, close to shows (2 min walk to Billy Elliot) and 5 mins to times square - can't ask for much more! Clean, stylish and again, great location. Nice change from staying in a huge hotel plus continental breakfast included. We will return to stay here on our next trip! Thanks French Quarters for making our latest trip to NYC amazing!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
glasgow
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days and what can I say, wonderful location, wonderful staff, and a lovely hotel. My wife julia had chosen it through the reviews on this site and when I saw the pictures I was a bit sceptical about it's rather 'frilly' french dated looks, but I couldn't be any more wrong. the Rooms are beautifully kept with a modern touch; the bathrooms are very stylish with large walk in shower. We had a front facing room with small balcony too, and sticking my head out in the morning to breath in the morning buzz of New York with a coffee in hand is something to remember. Colin the manager couldn't be more welcoming and is a real credit to the apartments, as are the rest of the staff who are always ready to help out.
The only slight thing that might concern some older people perhaps is the bar downstairs which on the weekend can be playing dance music. This didn't bother us - in fact, quite the opposite, it's very handy as the ground floor lift opens up at the other side it you want to walk straight into the bar!!

This place is the best place I've stayed in for years, and I've stayed in some decent places. Book without hesitation

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple