“Perfect Hospitality - The Way it Should Be”

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #20 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days and what can I say, wonderful location, wonderful staff, and a lovely hotel. My wife julia had chosen it through the reviews on this site and when I saw the pictures I was a bit sceptical about it's rather 'frilly' french dated looks, but I couldn't be any more wrong. the Rooms are beautifully kept with a modern touch; the bathrooms are very stylish with large walk in shower. We had a front facing room with small balcony too, and sticking my head out in the morning to breath in the morning buzz of New York with a coffee in hand is something to remember. Colin the manager couldn't be more welcoming and is a real credit to the apartments, as are the rest of the staff who are always ready to help out.
The only slight thing that might concern some older people perhaps is the bar downstairs which on the weekend can be playing dance music. This didn't bother us - in fact, quite the opposite, it's very handy as the ground floor lift opens up at the other side it you want to walk straight into the bar!!

This place is the best place I've stayed in for years, and I've stayed in some decent places. Book without hesitation

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I found this hotel thanks to tripadvisor. It was fantastic in every way from comfort to location. I am one of these travellers that likes to read all the reviews for a hotel whether negative or positive and I would say you would be hard pushed to find any negative. Colin the manager was very pleasant and helpful as was John who was on the front desk. The bar attached to it has a great atmosphere very American which is what we loved about it. Try the Hurricane cocktails they are to die for. You are literally 5 minutes walk from the heart of Times Square so location was excellent. This is my 2nd v isit to NY and when I return in the future I will be staying at the hotel. I have recommended it to all family and friends. Oh and one last thing the breakfast was lovely and healthy.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

On our first trip to NYC we were lucky enough to find this lovely hotel.
The staff are so very helpful, ask them anything, if they don't know they will find out.
The rooms are beautifully furnished, comfortable beds made up with very nice linens. Occitane goodies in the bathroom and a Kuerig coffee maker all added to the details the made this hotel a sanctuary. the location is perfect, so close to all amenities and yet peaceful and cosy.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

This is a great hotel, in a good position. We have stayed in many hotels in manhatten near to times square and many are noisy, however with some research it is possible to find quiet rooms. We took two rooms and even our teenage kids said they had little sleep although they loved the hotel. In the winter however, there is no excuse for poor heating. Other people have also complained about how COLD the rooms are. We were freezing. Worst of all the rooms we booked had been GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE. The guy on the desk was pleasant but made it clear it was "like it or lump it". As we had paid in advance we felt we had little option and he knew it.
So BEWARE... if you expect to get the room you think you booked and paid for in advance think again. This behaviour to me is completely unacceptable. Thank god we only booked for ONE NIGHT.
Unfortunately we will never return to this superficially pleasant hotel as there are many places nearby, just as good, at lower prices, WITH HEATING, RELATIVLY QUIET and HONEST about your booking details.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Englishman-in-USA
Reviewed February 9, 2010

What a great experience we had at The French Quarters Guest Apartments. We took a weekend getaway from ATL to NY to see "Fela on Broadway". The hotel was located right in the heart of Broadway. We stayed in Room 105 and it was so romantic. From the bed that made you want to stay in bed to the shower with enough to fit a few people in there. The staff was incredible and housekeeping was fabulous. Although the hotel was in the middle of everything, we still felt like we were in a quaint bed and breakfast away from it all. If you need silence to sleep then you may not want to stay there on a Friday or Saturday night but for me and my fiancee that can sleep through anything, the noise didn't bother us at all. They city noise added to our incredible NY experience. The bar at the lower level was also a great value add to our stay. We hung out there after the SuperBowl and it was a big party. We didn't even have to leave the area. We met a lot of locals and they all spoke highly of The French Quarters. We plan on coming back in 3 months and staying at The French Quarters again.
I wouldn't have found it without TripAdvisor. Thank you for turning me on to such an incredible hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2010

My friends and I had planned an overnight trip to NYC from Philadelphia area which we do at least once a year. By investigating choices through TripAdvisor I discovered this wonderful boutique hotel.
We were able to upgrade, thanks to Colin, to a two bedroom suite which was extremely well appointed. We wished it were warmer so we could have enjoyed the wonderful balcony attached to the suite. All the staff was so friendly and accommodating. The beds were extremely comfortable. The location was fantastic for our theater tickets and for a lunch at Becco which had been prearranged. Kudos to everyone for making our stay very memorable. We are anxious to return

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment in The French Quarters Guest Apartments for 3 nights during January. The building is centrally located in the Hell's Kitchen district and a 5 minute walk into Times Square. The accomodation was spotless and well equipped for a City Visitor. The apartment was serviced daily. It also had WiFi connections. Breakfast was basic enough and consisted of cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, bread, bagels, coffee, tea. The apartment faced a busy street but we were never disturbed by street noise. Colin and the front desk staff in the accomodation were very helpful and friendly. The bar attached to the property is lively, especially at the weekends. While the menu here is limited enough in choice, the service and bar atmosphere more than makes up for it. From my experience, I would highly recommend the French Quarters for a New York stay, whether business or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends