“Loved this place”

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #21 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Great place - not the usual same old boring hotel room - small but that's expected in NY. Great location - plenty of restaurants in area and bars but had no problem with noise which is important for me as I am a light sleeper!. Just a short walk to Times Square and lots to do. The Host was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Really good location, happy friendly staff and comfortable rooms make this an ideal base. Do be careful about which room you select - the rooms over the bar are cheaper but as the hotel warns, they are noisy. Or just join the crowd downstairs!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank km2409
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I shared an 2 bedroom suite in the French Quarters with my husband and son over the Saint Patrick's week festivities. Our accommodation was fantastic. The bedrooms, small enough, but with huge beds, to-die-for bed linen, plenty of storage and a huge television in each bedroom. In the living area, a huge pull out bed couch, other tables and chairs and another huge television. A little kitchenette area, fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. A fine sized bathroom as well. Off the living room, we had a balcony - table and chairs out there too. The view was fine - but at night with all the lights on the various buildings it was fantastic. Each morning - a fact sheet was slipped under our door with the weather for the day, what to see in the neighbourhood, and what to do around the city. Colin McCormack (General Manager) was very accommodating......

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Carole-Begley
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I just got back from our thoroughly enjoyable stay at The French Quarter. The room was quaint and romantic and as my wife said "completely clean and spotless." Staff was very friendly and helpful and ready to attend to our every need. The decor, artwork and furnishings really made us feel like we were in New Orleans right down to the ornate wrought iron railings. Our room was very quiet with a minimal amount of noise. Truly a romantic oasis in the heart of the city, my compliments to the owners and staff. They've done a great job creating and maintaining this wonderful getaway! I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor - hardly any noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GenCarol
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed 2 nights in this cosy and stylish apartment during a short stay in NYC
My overall experience was good . I must admit that room was a little bit small
Nevertheless everything was fine a fournished of a small Kitchen refrigerator and all you may need to cook something to eat in the privacy of your accomodation . Bathroom clean and provided with a huge shower . The manager of the hotel whom I can't remember the name has been super Kind
Unfortunately I had to delete my reservation for 2 additional stay in NYC because of change of schedule of my flight from LA
Would stay again there
Diego

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diegoatzeni
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent nearly a week at the French quarters from 11th of May and we were very impressed with the hotel and the staff.our room was spacious, the bed was like a cloud and the bathroom nicely done out with a great shower.the manager came down to breakfast every morning to great the guests which was a nice touch.location was fantastic also, so close to everything.we would highly recommend a stay here if you want quality, comfort and a personal touch! My only one gripe and this is a small one was that they only provided complimentary water in the room on the 1st night but not the rest of the week, would be nice if they did it everyday.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thelosttraveller
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The location is fantastic! The hotel has some lovely aspects. The staff are lovely, breakfast was good and the room was very clean. The only disappointment was the size of the room. I felt very crammed in! Otherwise a great hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple