“Exceeded expectations”

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #18 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in August 2013. The rooms are beautiful and plenty large enough, with very comfy bedding and classy decor. The free WiFi is very reliable, and everything was in great working order. The staff stand out here - courteous, helpful and friendly. On a rainy day we were glad to find an umbrella in the room! We'll most definitely be back - highly recommended.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 4 nights here with my son. Beautiful rooms, spacious and beautifully appointed. Casual and private. Very easy living. Good location and well managed. Only down side is that it can get quite noisy at night, with the piano bar directly opposite the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs space and a little more privacy than is afforded in a typical hotel.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms in the apartment next to the reception area are larger than the others. Avoid th...
1 Thank WendyLou W
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just spent 4 nights with my sister-in-law and niece at this hotel. It was everything I had been reading about. The room was decent size and the beds were really comfortable. Bathroom was very roomy and nice. This hotel is centrally located. Two blocks to Time Square and really close to all the shows and restaurants. They have a happy hour every night M-F and a free continental breakfast. Your usually breakfast foods but it is included in the price of the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us tips on what subway to take to different places in the city. Also gave us suggestions on restaurants. First night went across the street to Becco's. Wouldn't recommend that one. They were rude and the food was not all that good. Joe Allen's was another suggestion. Really liked it and they were very friendly. Food was good too! Both were on the same block as the French Quarter. If you get a chance go to Helen's Stardust Diner. It is so much fun and the food is really good. We had one little complaint during our stay and when we took that to the front desk they were more than willing to help us out. I would definitely go back there if I ever find myself back in NY.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower section don't have an elevator so you have to walk steps so if you have probl...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Best deal in New York City. Great room, service and location. The staff are very nice and helpful. The French Quaters is in the middle of "Restaurant Row." Will definitely book the French Quarters for our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Radio-Rosie
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotel. This was our first time in NY and I researched hotels thoroughly before booking. I am so please we chose the French Quarters. I loved..loved the decor of the room..so charming and full of character compared to typical chain hotel type decor .The beds were sooo comfortable and after a busy day of walking and sightseeing it was a pleasure to come home to the room. All basic comfort needs were considered including umbrellas, international power plugs, and very thoughtful complimentary cold waters and drinks.
The included continental breakfast was a great start to the day and the staff were so helpful and friendly.
Thank you for the recommendation to the 2 restaurants we ate at. We had a superior meal at Becco, the Italian restaurant across the road. And an equally delicious meal was had at 44andX.
At the time of booking I didn't quite realise just what a great location this would be, only a couple of blocks from Times Square and smack bang on Restaurant Row.
I highly recommend staying here and would return in a heartbeat. I think it offers great value for money and 2 of our friends are now planning to book for their forthcoming trips.. Thank you for a memorable stay French Quarters!!

Room Tip: Our room was 208 at the rear with 2 double beds servicing Mum n Dad and 2 teenage kids....loved it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Maree L
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Small beautiful hotel that is very roomy and comfortable. My daughter and I stayed there 4 days and being that she had traveled to NY several times before she had orchestrated our trip well for us. I picked the hotel based on the reviews and it was a great choice. It is close to Time Square but far enough away that we were able to escape that crowd. The street is lined with restaurants, and is very comfortable. We walked and took the subway everywhere we wanted to go comfortably from this location. The breakfast was fine for us, I thought good choices. The staff was very nice and were quick to help you every way they could. When you asked for something - it was done. I am a little OCD so when I would "double check" that the car had been reserved for our return LGA, it seems any staff member could immediately confirm details. Being I am a light sleeper, I specifically did ask for a quieter room as I had read the reviews. Indeed on Friday and Saturday nights, it seems to be a hopping place next door and on occasion people would sit on the steps leading to the apartments and talk loudly. However, that said, from the room it was quiet enough that it did not interfere with my sleep. The rooms, were comfortable, spacious and well kept. I was always amazed that each morning the breakfast area which was in the restaurant/bar was clean and ready for guest. I commented they must have a well orchestrated crew that cleaned. I highly recommend this for choice for your NY trip.

Room Tip: We had room 306 which I found to be quiet enough plus had a nice window view with a comfy chair to...
2 Thank TallahasseeJan
newtownards,Northern Ireland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here recently with my wife and daughter for four nights and cannot speak highly enough about the French Quarters. I had gone with reasonably high expectations based on tripadvisor reviews and I must say we were not disappointed.
This hotel has a great location, has super rooms and has a high level of service that can be provided in a small hotel.
Location is a block and a half from Time Square and sits in a street with many restaurants. We ate in one of these restaurants on the recommendation of the hotel and had a super meal. Thank you Colin for your suggestion.
Our room was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet indeed. The decor was lovely and we thought the room was very well appointed and really liked the colour schemes. The Keurig coffee maker was good to have and my daughter particularily enjoyed the hot apple cider.
The level of service in the hotel was excellent . They helped us with restaurant suggestions and any questions I asked were quickly answered and nothing seemed to be a bother to them.
We hadn't realised that Ellis island was still closed after last year's hurricane and they gave us alternative suggestions and even printed off our online reservations that we made. Colin who is the manager of the hotel obviously runs a small but good team of staff and probably the reason that the service is so good.
The breakfast was a small selection of cereal, yoghurts, breads and pastries alongwith a selection of fruit and suited us perfectly as we are small breakfast eaters.
I definitely would stay here again if travelling to NY and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

If travelling to the airport from the hotel I would recommend the taxi company the hotel uses for only 6 dollars more than the standard taxi fare to the airport ($58 vs $52).The car was more comfortable than the yellowcab and our driver more pleasant and drove much better than our journey to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you prefer quietness ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family