“Fantastic”

Ranked #18 of 467 Hotels in New York City
pa
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Read the other great reviews. We agree with everything said. Amazingly nice large rooms for nyc and such nice staff made our anniversary even more memorable! They were so accomodating and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. Will definitely stay here again.

2 Thank zuluPa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you're looking to be near Broadway, Times Square, and several other great places - this is a great hotel. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I will go back to this hotel. Hint: Get a room not over the bar if you have sleep issues.

Room Tip: Don't get 'above bar' if you have sleep issues. If you do, take earplugs. The noise tr...
4 Thank Travelmaster2012
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed in these apartments for 5 nights and were very impressed. They are located in two adjacent properties in the Restaurant Row area on 46th St West, so very well placed for a huge range of restaurants, as well as Broadway/off-Broadway theatres. The downside is that the area is busy and can be noisy until the small hours, shortly followed by early morning activity from street-cleaners, etc. We were allocated to a room at the front of the property, which was very well-appointed. Everything was spotlessly clean and the room was a good size considering this is New York. We were immediately struck by the warmth of the welcome from staff, and their attention to detail and helpfulness. The manager, Colin, made a very good impression. Although the room had double-glazing, we were conscious of noise from outside most the night and, as one of us is a light sleeper, this meant a poor night's sleep. The next morning we enquired into the possibility of changing our room to one at the back of the hotel which might be quieter. The staff were very happy to try and sort this out and we went out for the day. On return, they had moved us to a quieter room at the back of the hotel and moved all our luggage for us too. If anything, this room was even better appointed than the previous one, and had kitchen facilities as well as all the usual things you'd expect in a good quality hotel. The breakfasts were quite adequate, without being outstanding. The only minor niggle here was that breakfast finished at 9 a.m. in the week, which is rather early if (as we didn't!) you'd had a late night out on the town. The hotel is well-placed in terms of transport links, and we were able to walk from and to Penn Station at the start and end of the holiday, and several subways on different lines were within easy reach. Times Square was a short walk away. Considering its location, we thought the cost of the hotel was quite reasonable. Experience has shown that you would be very lucky to find anywhere reasonable on Manhattan for less than £200 a night and it would be easy to pay far, far more than this. So all in all we thought the French Quarters was good value for money and a good choice for our stay in New York. We would certainly consider staying there again when we return, but would ask for a room at the back of the property initially. For good sleepers, a front room would not be a problem because the noise outside is really not that great. When we left, the hotel staff were happy to store our luggage until later in the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you are a very light sleeper.
3 Thank David B
denver
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked my stay at the French Quarters largely based on Trip Advisor reviews and even though I had high expectations my stay exceeded those expectations. The hotel doesn't have the feel of a hotel; the location and layout actually made me feel as though I was living in an apartment in NY. The height of the ceilings surprised me (10 feet?), the bed was comfortable, the fridge was nice sized and the room was quiet even though I was on the first floor. I attended a conference that was at The Marriott Marquis in Times Square and it took me maybe 5 minutes to walk there. I had a nice surprise one morning when I went for a run and just a few blocks away found I was next to the river and thus enjoyed the sites around the water. The staff is helpful and the daily information sheet they write is not only a nice touch but quite helpful. Kuddos to John for helping me out when I arrived. The only negative is the ride to and from Laguardia was an hour due to the hotel being on the other side of town. I am looking forward to my next visit to NY and am happy I have found a home when I visit NY!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hpd3
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked here to get a central location at a price I could live with and it exceeded by expectations.
the staff was wonderful - friendly and courtious.
She even took us to our room and explained everything - something I have had done only once before and that was in a ultra upscale location.
Location was perfect - in the middle of restaurant row, but still a quiet neighborhood compared to Times Square a couple blocks away.

1 Thank joedvet
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just a few blocks from Times Square, yet feels a world away! Large room by NYC standards--and stylish! Would be happy to return any time. A great variety of restaurants within easy walking distance. Enjoyed the K-cup coffee maker in the room with tea/cider/hot chocolate options. Had no problems getting a cab around the corner on 8th avenue in the AM to get to Penn Station & catch my train back home.

Room Tip: Keep in mid that there is a bar/restaurant on ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Manningjen
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend back in December, a very difficult time to find a place in the city that is not crazy expensive. I'm not sure if it was just good timing but I paid $200/night - being a few blocks from Times Square and right in the middle of Restaurant Row is rare to find at that rate. The place is small and quaint with a casual bar and restaurant attached. The rooms are quite large (again for the city) with mini-kitchens. They even stocked the fridge with mini "hangover cure" bottled drinks. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. I'm not suggesting its an actual four star hotel, but we didn't need super fancy for a quick trip - clean, relatively spacious and "location, location, location" was basically perfect for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple