“Really, really ideal!”

Radio City Apartments
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Booked 11 months before arriving based on Tripadvisor feedback and definitely did not regret it. Made a couple of emails with reservations prior to clarify things and always got a prompt and professional reply. Arrived to a clean, tidy and efficient reception that processed our booking and gave us our keys to our 11th floor room. Whilst the slow and a bit musty smelling elevator gave me pause for concern once we unlocked the door to our apartment all worries quickly faded. The apartment had the 'newly renovated appearance' with (what proved to be) very comfortable bed/s and functional kitchenette, dining and tv and nice clean bathroom and linen. Did laugh at the crockery being 'drop proof' and glasses of the tumbler variety (so drinking wine isn't particularly 'classy')...but WOW for the location I figured I'd buy a wine glass! Daily, efficient room service and replenishment of the filtered coffee supplies and I was one happy guest. Truly, unless you feel the need for a doorman and 'turn down service' I don't see how you could find a better place to rest your head in New York. Recommended the apartments to all I know heading that way. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 11th floor away from 7th Avenue...perfectly quiet so good night sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Besides the obvious and expected hussle and bussle noises from Times Square, I could find no faults with Radio City Apartments.

The accomodation was sold to us by our travel agent as "lower budget". I expected peeling wallpaper, dripping taps, scummy carpets etc. Instead we were presented by a nealry furnished kitchen and bathroom and seating area which we milked for the wonderful hotel's free wifi.

Location was spot on, I don't think you could get any more central and convinient and couldnt imagine staying anywhere else. Like everywhere in New York, there was a subway right outside our door.

When you are constantly out and about in New York, radio city apartments was MORE than comfortable for a shower and a nights sleep - bed was amazing! Our room was always cleaned on time and we never once saw the cleaner or had our door knocked on.

I will recommend this hotel to Any and Everyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is an old, refurbished hotel. Great job of updating; however, the bare bones makes the bathrooms very small. There is a small bar "kitchenette" with 2 burners, sink, microwave, coffee maker, furnished... everything you need to make a sandwich or small meal. Quite a way to save with New York prices! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The location was great - so close to Time Square and Broadway. One downer for the hotel and NYC in general is that the city doesn't do a quick job of taking out the garbage. The hotel greets its guests with piles of garbage bags - very unappealing! This was a comfortable, less expensive, well located place.

Room Tip: This is close to Broadway and Times Square, which makes things around more expensive, but within wal...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Booked it for a 6 night stay mid-late June 2012. Perfect location. Minutes away from Times Square/Broadway, Radio City Music Hall & Rockefeller Center. Walk to Central Park and other Midtown attractions. Subway stations around the corner or across the street. Not much of a view of NYC but I didn't care, I was right in Times Square. Was on the 9th floor back side so no noise at all. Having a small kitchenette (refrigerator, gas stove/oven, microwave, utensils) and wireless worked flawlessly. Hotel is not fancy modern hotel. It is serviceable, clean and most of all I felt safe. Staff was courteous and friendly. Only negative I saw, was that the 2 elevators was very slow. If i ever get a chance to return to NYC, I'll be staying in this hotel again (hopefully a room will be available during that future time).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hibell
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotels in central NY are extremely expensive so I was delighted to find this far more reasonably priced one on the internet. It is very well placed, betweed 6th and 7th avenue and withiin easy walking distance of Times Square and Broadway. There are many restaurants of all type nearby.
The room itself was clean, comfortable and well equiped and the people at the front desk were very helpful at all times.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank glandwr
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We enjoyed a 2 night stay at the Radio City Apts with our 3 daughters (19 to 25 year olds). Great location close to Times Square, subways, 5th Ave shopping and Central Park. The room was not luxury but all we needed for the little time we spent there. We had one bedroom with 2 double beds to sleep 4 and a pullout for the extra person. The kitchen was well equipped with fridge, stove and microwave to make breakfast. Our view was a parking garage but that was ok. An hour ride from JFK on the AirTrak shuttle to "E" subway line to 53rd and 7th street and a short walk down to 49th with our rolling carry-on luggage. Lots of restaurants, shops and shows in the area. We spent day downtown at Battery Park and the World Trade Centre and Brooklyn Bridge, Day 2 walking to Bryant Park, NY Library and Grand Central Station and up 5th Ave to Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Day 3 shopping on 5th Ave and walking south to 34th to Macy's and the Empire State Building. Subway down to Greenwich Village for lunch and shopping and a walk on the High Line. My husband skipped the Sunday morning shopping and rented a bike on 6th ave and rode through the park and visited the Museum of Natural History.

Room Tip: Not much to recommend - there is no view. Room AC's were quite noisy as was fan from parking g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gogirlOakville
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently spent 7 nights at Radio City Apartments, Manhattan. It wasn't my first choice, I tend to like the Soho/Tribeca/Greenwich Village part of town, but my Travel Agent talked me into it. Boy were we happy! The location was fantastic! We love the theatre and were mere hundreds of metres from some of the best shows in town. Despite being in the middle of town ( West 49th St),it had everything we needed. Restaurant next door, cafe the other side. We were spoilt for choice. I found my (now) favourite pub in New York, 150 metres away, the Celtic Playwright, great pub, good food, sports TV, my retreat from the hustle and bustle. Having an Irish background I bonded instantly with the staff, Al and Johnny were terrific. The hotel itself was more than adequate. The rooms being quite small, but everything you need, modern bathroom, mini kitchen, fridge, so all our needs were met at a very affordable price for Manhattan. Surprisingly very little noise from the sitrens etc. We were in the back of the building so this might have helped. We were both very happy with the hotel and staff were more than helpful. Being close to the Hells Kitchen ( Clinton) part of town I did some exploring and found plenty of good bars, great resaurants, terrific authentic Mexican. This is definitely my hotel of choice when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a back room on the 11th floor. Nice and quiet for such a busy area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple