“Fine French bistro in Harlem”
Review of Chez Lucienne

Chez Lucienne
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Lucienne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,774 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Cross street: 125 street
Transit: Subway #2 and #3 to 125 street and Lenox avenue.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

When a friend heard I would be staying in Morningside Heights for a couple of weeks, she recommended I check out Chez Lucienne, and I am glad she did! Just off 125th, the bistro is intimate and friendly, with a cluttered but charming décor. The menu is Parisian bistro with a few European twists. There are traditional dishes - escargots, soupe à l'oignon, steak frites, moules frites - and slightly more rarified fare (pan fried foie gras with figs was perfectly cooked and delectable). Foie de veau Lucienne (I'm a sucker for liver when I ca get it), was generously portioned, pink and delicious with a side of garlic mash. The wine list is not extensive, but is very fairly priced. My friend's braised lamb shank was meltingly good.

It is an eminently affordable restaurant, and the food is excellent. The staff were courteous, friendly and attentive without ever being obsequious. Recommended

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

There are bistrots that think they are French because they offer entrees that are French, and then there is chez Lucienne. I love this place! The food is beyond any other bistrot in the city. The snails, the mussels (try the Thai version) the burger (this is a restaurant that celebrates it's burger rather than behaving as if you chose the cheap thing on the menu!) both of the chicken entrees I've tried are tender and filling. Sharing is a smart thing so you can sample your way through the kitchen. But what I love most is the atmosphere: pleasant, comfortable and yet there's something so special I can't put my finger on it. Just go. Drink, eat, feel like you've been transported to a truly remarkable place. You have!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We visited Chez Lucienne on Mother's Day. We were a party of 4 and enjoyed a delicious Mother's Day brunch. The drinks were made perfectly by Fernando. We started our meal with French Onion Soup and a Shellfish Soup each were delicious. Each of our entrees were not only appealing but tastefully delectable. The apple pie dessert couldn't be better along with cappuccino. Chez Lucienne is a must when visiting NYC. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our group had a great meal and great time at Chez Lucienne. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was great. I'm not sure why trip advisor allowed the "terrible" reviewer to make in my opinion racist/ethnically insulting comments towards the staff there. BTW I'm fluent in French and found that the host spoke beautiful French.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a trip to New York in April 2014 and were very favourably impressed. The menu is not extensive (probably a good sign) but everything we had was very well prepared, comparable to any other really good French restaurant that we have eaten at. The service was friendly and professional, and the maitre d' came by to make sure we were happy with everything. The restaurant is quite small and a bit noisy, but well worth a visit if you are in Harlem.