“tasty”
Review of Chez Lucienne

Chez Lucienne
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Lucienne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,296 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Cross street: 125 street
Transit: Subway #2 and #3 to 125 street and Lenox avenue.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My hubby and I went to the restaurant on the recommendation from my sister. My hubby had the mussel and chowder soup. He adored it. Months later he still dreams about that soup.

The restaurant itself is tiny. Cramming yourself into your seat is well worth it.

1  Thank MrsEnoxRios

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was good, the service was OK, the space is nice, but let's say, intimate. In other words, go here for a tasty meal, but if you are discussing the results of your colonoscopy, all of the neighboring tables will know.

1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for the pre fixe lunch, very satisfied with the selection.The carrot ginger soup de jour was delicious and the ham and swiss omlette was very tasty! Had not been in for lunch before but will definitly come back again. Dinner has been very good in the past and now we know lunch is equally good!!!

1  Thank curmudgon3216
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We wandered past this little place and liked the look of the menu, so went in. It's a very attractive space, warm and cosy on a freezing cold night, and service is charming and attentive. The food is excellent. Really good. We had one main course each, two had the boeuf bourgignon and I had the lamb sausage on couscous salad. We also ordered a mesclun salad and done buttered spinach. We were given a basket of very good bread with a nice olive oil and balsamic dip to munch on while we waited for our meals. As is the American fashion, the mesclun salad came out as an appetizer, and while it was very fresh and the vinaigrette was good, it was a bit gritty. Could have done with a more thorough wash, I think. However, the main course meals were fantastic. My sausages were spicy and tasty, the couscous salad was deliciously spiked with pistachios and dried fruits, tomatoes, red onion and cucumber, and perfectly seasoned. The boeuf bourgignon was rich, served with side dishes of mashed potato, and the buttered spinach was marvelously garlicky. For dessert, we tried the chocolate mousse and the tart tatin. While the tart was warmed in the microwave (you can see into the kitchen), and the chocolate mousse was topped with cream out of a can, they were both very nice. The icecream on top of the tart was particularly good. I would just like to suggest that if your restaurant is empty, and you have no reservations, don't seat people in the back of the restaurant - put them up front so those walking by can see diners enjoying your fabulous food!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My first time up in Harlem...what was I waiting for? This little French Bistro is amazing. We dined there tonight with friends. Sunday evening jazz...great rustic French food...good wine...reasonable prices...attentive service...need I say more? Lease try this little bistro. We had Coq au Vin, our friends had duck and a burger...lots of food, well prepared...go and enjoy! You will not be sorry!

1  Thank Roanokefoodie