“Bad food, dirty, sanitation rating C”
Review of Kiran Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Kiran Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
albany, ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, dirty, sanitation rating C”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My sisters and I grew up on Indian food and love it. The restaurant itself was filthy. Windows and carpet dirty. I went to the BR to wash my hands before eating and it smelt so foul that I propped the door open with my foot. We never used the facilities because of this and believe me we are not picky. To top it, it was hands down the worst Indian food we've ever eaten. The food tasted like important spices were missing and worst of all it tasted reheated and we were the only ones there! We were starving so just ate it, but had a groupon that we paid plenty for. Then we leave and see a giant C for their sanitation rating. One of us became sick afterward. Never using groupon for travel.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sarah D

Dallas
“Great food and service at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

A co-worker and I went to Kiran for dinner based on a Scout Mob offer. The chicken Tika Masala and garlic naan was tasty. I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

Atlantic Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The food was awesome. The staff friendly. The prices were a lil pricey but we had a discount so that made it even better.

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Good food, nice service, inexpensive”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Kiran isn't at all touristy. If you're looking for a strip-mall or franchise atmosphere, you won't be happy here. It's a plain Manhattan storefront restaurant, probably a take-out fave for people in the neighborhood.

The food smelled delicious, but we almost went somewhere else because Kiran was warm inside -- it was the warmest day of the year, so far. They followed us out the door to say they'd be happy to turn on the AC for us. They did, and promptly served us ice-cold beers plus complimentary flatbread and chutney appetizers, and we were comfortable in no time.

I had chicken tikka saagwala--chunks of moist white tandoori chicken with fresh spinach. Medium spicy was not at all hot, next time I'm going for the next notch up the spice chain (and there will be a next time, we all liked this place). The generous portion was very tasty, served with basmati rice, there was enough to take home for lunch the next day. The menu had a lot of good choices, we're looking forward to sampling more.

Kiran is very quiet, with soft background music, a great conversation level. We sat at a table by the window and enjoyed people watching on this warm spring night. We stayed several hours, we were the last people there, but did not feel rushed or unwelcome.

• Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Inexpensive. Above Average.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Kiran Indian Restaurant, if not the greatest Indian Restaurant, is definitely above average. It was little rush, the day I went there with my friends and had to wait before I could get my food. The food served was good and hot. I complained them about the Naan which was cold and they immediately offered me fresh and hot naans. I bought the deal from QuarterOFF.com and we could save significant amount money. Overall, it was great.

• Visited November 2011