“Great Service, Delicious food”
Review of Seasonal Restaurant and Weinbar - CLOSED

Seasonal Restaurant and Weinbar
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: F, N, Q, R & W trains to 57th Street.
Description: Over the years together, Wolfgang Ban and Eduard Frauneder have perfected their own modern take on Austrian cuisine - one which combines traditional techniques, contemporary innovations, and updates to some of their favorite childhood dishes. The team behind the prestigious private catering group, Elderberry Catering, chefs Ban and Frauneder, together with a small group of investors, have opened Seasonal Restaurant & Weinbar, their first venture open to the public. Their goal is to provide elegant home-cooking in a sleek but welcoming setting. The chefs at Seasonal pride themselves on maintaining the utmost quality in their cuisine, and therefore, consistent with its name, the kitchen uses only the freshest seasonal ingredients. The visual presentation of each plate is the final step in the process, and the chefs have ensured that the look of each plate matches the refinement of the food itself and the decor, creating an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went to Seasonal for a work dinner the week of December 3 with a party of 6. After looking at several other restaurants in the area, we settled on Seasonal based on the reviews here, and we were definitely not disappointed! It was a bit of a risky choice for a holiday dinner with clients - Austrian is definitely not standard holiday fare in NYC! However, from the moment we walked in the experience was fantastic. The bartender (whose name escapes me, but she was friendly and very helpful) was happy to explain the menu to me while I waited for the rest of my party to arrive, and even gave me a taste of one of the specialty cocktails. Delicious.

Our party all opted for the 3 course tasting menu, and the sommelier suggested a really nice Austrian red to go with it. Between the 6 of us, we tried all of the options available on the menu, and every single one of them was beautifully presented and very very good.

Definitely a different night, but in a restaurant with great atmosphere - classy, but not stuffy - and exceptional service from start to finish. I'm very glad to have stumbled upon Seasonal!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food is good not great.....Austrian neuvelle is probally what it should be called....SMALL portions with large prices......the new style twists on old goodys were not appreciated by this diner, I perfer my classics done in the classic way....excellent service...ok wine list...found everything to be just a bit pricey for what it was

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Austrian cusine - not a phrase that is on many lists! Great food - we had the tasting menu; and with decent size portions! (some European tasting menus would not keep a sparrow alive!). Then the wine list - the wine was excellent and Austrian again. The service was very friendly, and the professionalism of the staff was great. It was a lovely evening. We didnt book, we just showed up - no problem, no waiting and no fuss. Thanks for a good night out.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We were greeted at the door by the chef-owner who showed us three tables to choose from to make sure we would be comfortable on a chilly night The service was perfection, the ambience warm, and the food, interesting and delicious.
We have marked this restaurant as one we are sure to come back to

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went for lunch on Saturday afternoon. The pre-fixed $29 lunch was very good. The service was attentive without being annoying. For none-wine drinkers like me, there are a few good Austrian beers on tap. I can't think of any complaints with the entire experience.