My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Times Square the first week in April for 4 nights. the rates were quite good for this time of year - with an average rate of $175 per night inclusive of taxes. Although my husband has Platinum Elite status we were unable to get an upgrade because the hotel was fully booked. The location on west 40th between 8th and 9th is quite convenient to all subway lines and within walking distance of many entertainment venues and restaurants. Everyone on staff was personable, friendly and helpful. Our room was ready before check-in time. The lobby is small but seating is ample and it is decorated in an appealing contemporary style. There is a concierge on site to assist with directions, restaurants, and touring information. The breakfast area has tables spaced close to one another so you might end up eating with someone you don't know. Food selections (cold and hot) were plentiful and there were about 8 different types of Starbuck's coffee from which to choose. Some mornings there was a line to get into breakfast but the staff on duty seated everyone fairly quickly and the wait was minimal. Our room was on the 26th floor which was great because we like rooms on high floors. At first I was concerned we would hear noise from the 32nd floor night club but we didn't hear any music or elevators going up and down. The room was clean, neat, and contemporary. We especially liked the shower rather than a tub, however, the bathroom was very tiny. You could not stand at the sink unless the door was closed and if it was open the handle hit you in your leg or hip. Whenever you brushed your teeth there was standing water in the sink that took some time to recede. We did notice on the exit diagram that the corner rooms have a little less space in the bathroom because of they are cut differently for the corner of the building. There was a short in the bedside light which was taken care of immediately and our extra towels and pillows were delivered within a few minutes after requesting them. We were somewhat disappointed with the size of the room as it was exceptionally tight. The length of the room was fine but the depth was not. The desk chair touched the end of the bed. Every time you had to walk around the bed to get to the bathroom the person in the desk chair had to get up and roll the chair out of the way unless you jumped over the end of the bed. We like the room to be cold at night so we turned on the air and the air conditioner made horrible sounds like a train running through the room which made it difficult to sleep. However, overall the hotel was very quiet as there are only 8 rooms on a floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square is a Times Square hotel offering 244 guest rooms in the heart of NYC. We provide guests with a Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Daily, Complimentary Starbucks Coffee available 24 hours a day, and in-room free High Speed Internet. Centrally located just minutes from Times Square, NYC's Theatre District, and the subway to take you anywhere throughout New York City, our Times Square hotel is perfect for a business or leisure trip to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square Hotel
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
- Fairfield Inn New York City