“A gem in Marriott's Fairfield properties. Good locale for tourists.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #240 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Marriott properties. This property was booked for me when it was realized that I had no hotel room and was headed to NYC the next day, the night the tree was being lit in Rockefeller Center.

Gym
In the "cellar" as staff called it. A few pieces of properly working cardio and weights. Good size gym if you want to do yoga, which you cannot do in your room given the size.

Checkin staff
Professional and responsive to all my questions/needs. I was getting myself organized before I departed and staff inquired if I needed anything. Good initiation on their part.

Prices
Fair given location and time of year.

Rooms
I was in 2004. Small, as you'd expect in NYC. Modern furnishings and very, very clean. (Good job cleaning staff.) The sink's faucet was way too close to the back part of the sink. I couldn't get both hands under the faucet without creating a mini-flood on the sink-top where all my toiletries were. Frustrating. Room was well-insulated given it's in one of the loudest parts of the city.

You can't really get a taxi from this hotel given the proximity to Penn Station. That being said, the hotel will make arrangements you may need. Thanks so much to Carlos for his excellent customer service in scheduling my car service and being transparent on all the fees included. he displayed super professionalism.

The location makes this property a more logical choice for folks on pleasure travel. Good location, well-maintained property and helpful staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
fairfieldinn330, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We would like to thank you for your comments and we were glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. When in town in the future, please come back and visit us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

For NYC sightseeing, this couldn't be a better location. Close to the action but not directly on Times Square so you can escape the crowds. The staff from housekeeping to front desk could not be more accommodating. We will certainly return here. Clean and well priced for New York.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rubin S, Hotel Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time in our hotel and the city. Our staff strives to ensure that every guest is taken care like family. We hope that on your next trip to the Big Apple you will come and visit us again. Thank you again and we hope you have an amazing upcoming holiday season.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels in NYC on business and for pleasure, I read the TripAdvisor reviews with a grain of salt -- wow was I pleasantly surprised at how very accurate they are! We arrived for Thanksgiving Week on Sunday about 11:30. We were not surprised that our room was not ready so we left our bags and headed for the half-price ticket booth. An hour later the cell phone rang -- it was the hotel staff informing us that our room was ready! -- That is service!!! Every evening there was hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby after long days walking, shopping, etc. The breakfast in the morning is rated "continental" but there was nothing lacking - eggs, sausage, pastries, muffins, bagel, toast, fruit, yogurt, juices, Starbucks coffee, etc., etc. and a very friendly and efficient staff. A very clean, quiet room with more than adequate space adds to the experience of this hotel. Do not stay here unless you want to be spoiled from staying anywhere else in Manhattan!!!

Room Tip: I sincerely believe that if someone complained about a room to the staff, they would do what they co...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seamus416
fairfieldinn330, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We were so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff makes every effort to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible. Please come back and visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was by far the nicest Fairfield we have ever stayed in. All typical Marriott amenities, close to Times Square, breakfast included, staff friendly and very helpful, with directions and what is going on. All theaters close, never needed transportation. To conserve your dollars, worth checking this out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is with great pleasure to have read and able to share your comments with our staff. We hope that on your next trip to NY, you will come and visit us again. Thank you again and we hope you have a great upcoming holiday season.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

PRICE, STAFF, the ROOM, and LOCATION!! This is absolutely my new favorite hotel in NYC, and yes it's a Fairfield Inn and not the W or the Hilton! I booked this room by bidding $95 a night for a 2.5 star in the Madison Square Garden area and yes that is a steal for this hotel so that covers PRICE. The STAFF was amazing and so friendly when I was checking in and throughout the stay. I particularly enjoyed Sanday who was working the front desk when I checked in. Oh and I got this super delicious cupcake at check-in. The ROOM had to be one of the larger rooms I have stayed in NYC. There have been a host of new construction chain brands opening in this area of NYC but all of them offer tiny claustrophobic rooms but this one had extra space. The LOCATION you can’t beat; you are across the street from Port Authority, a short walk from Penn Station/Madison Square, Bryant Park, Time Square, Chelsea, and Hell's Kitchen. I felt like I was nestled in the middle of all my favorite areas of town. I definitely will be back to this hotel and I strongly recommend it to other NYC travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012

I loved walking out to explore the city with a take away coffee in hand from the coffee machines in the lobby to start the day!

This hotel is so close to everything you would need to be close to!

All very clean and the breakfast was lovely!

I would suggest staying here if you visit the big apple!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Another hotel booked us into the Fairfield late at night when we had lost our passports and other possessions at the airport and couldn't fly home.
We arrived tired and upset. The staff were welcoming and provided drinks.
The next morning the lady at the front desk and we believe the Manager helped us sort things out, up until that point it appeared nobody in New York could or would help us. We were so relieved and grateful.
The hotel is comfortable and provide the best breakfast ever !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We were delighted to learn that you were able to recover your passposrt and head back home. Come back and visit.