To say I was a bit nervous to stay at this Fairfield after reading all the reviews here on Trip Advisor is an understatement. After reading the reviews, I called the manager, Carlos, and told him of my concerns. What I very much appreciated is that he didn't try to ignore/minimize prior issues but focused on what the hotel had done to resolve the issues. We discussed the issues that concerned me:
1) bedbugs - he told me that they address this anytime it has come up and have regular pest control service come to the hotel.
2) canceled reservations - I was coming in at 10:00 PM and couldn't afford to have my reservation canceled. He looked up my reservation and said they had it noted I was coming in late and my reservation was guaranteed.
3) neighborhood - I didn't bring this up as I am very familiar with the neighborhood. When my New Jersey friends come in, they always park at Port Authority and I meet them there. As such, I am comfortable with the neighborhood. That said, there are a couple of adult stores and the parole board office is nearby. I stayed on a Friday night/Saturday and neither bothered me, but understand that others may have different feelings.
4) breakfast - Since I am in NY, my preference was to go eat at a diner - Carlos provided me with an excellent recommendation. I didn't even check the breakfast the hotel served.
5) noise from the nightclub - This was the only issue I had with the hotel. I was trying to drop off to sleep and it was VERY loud at 2:30 AM - my room being on 31st floor. This is the reason the hotel received a 4 star ranking from me instead of 5 stars. When I mentioned to Carlos in the morning, he acknowledged that there had been noise complaints - was very apologetic and asked if I had complained last night. I told him I had not as I didn't feel like getting up to do so.
Rooms - I had a room with 2 double beds and while a bit on the small side was comfortable and clean. IMO the hotel made an excellent use of the space they had for the rooms. The bathroom only had a stand up shower but it was VERY nice! Since I don't need a tub this was just fine. The sink could have had more room for toiletries but again you can only do so much with the space you have.
Staff - They were very pleasant to me. Carlos went above and beyond in assuaging my concerns and ensuring my stay was enjoyable. So while I believe that others have had hotel stays that have been sub-par, mine was very good. If your travels bring you to NY, I would recommend giving the hotel a chance. Call the manager ahead of time and state your concerns and see how they react. My guess is that your stay will be as good as mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square is a Times Square hotel offering 244 guest rooms in the heart of NYC. We provide guests with a Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Daily, Complimentary Starbucks Coffee available 24 hours a day, and in-room free High Speed Internet. Centrally located just minutes from Times Square, NYC's Theatre District, and the subway to take you anywhere throughout New York City, our Times Square hotel is perfect for a business or leisure trip to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelPower, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square Hotel
- Fairfield Inn New York City