Stayed here for a few nights mid-week and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities spotlessly clean, and the location convenient even though it is on a seedy section of 40th St. It is sandwiched between two other nice hotels, though, so there are quite a few travelers walking that way so its not deserted. But, the area still might turn some people off as you have to walk by a sketchy liquor store and some peep shops to get to the hotel. But just look the other way because once you are in the hotel that disappears. The lobby is really slick with white marble floors and banquettes and chairs upholstered with a glam metallic sheen fabric. And there is a nice fireplace in the lobby too! The breakfast area in the back is also very nicely appointed and converts to a friendly bar at 5PM; lots of TV's to watch sports and news. We enjoyed the free wine and beer on the Tues. and Wed. nights we were there, and they put out food too. Granite counters in the bar and bathrooms are a nice updated touch. The breakfast in the morning was very busy but had everything you'd want; eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwiches, fruits, yogurts, juices, baked goods...the staff running it was really on the ball with the refills too. There is free coffee/tea/hot chocolate down there 24/7 too and everyone makes good use of that throughout the day.
My overall impression of the way this hotel is run is that they know you might not stay there again if they don't get things right, (so many options!) so the staff are going out of their way to accommodate people. Great attitude! Our room was small but as I mentioned, very clean, and had a great view on the 27th floor. N
ow here is a curious thing. On the top floor of the hotel there is a rooftop nightclub. So starting at 6PM one of the elevators is commandeered by serious looking bouncers and a velvet rope goes up cordoning off a section of the lobby as a coatroom and security check area for nightclub goers. This did not present a problem to us, it was just unusual. One night we did drop our teen off in our room and go up for a drink to check it out (no cover charge on Tuesday night!). It was not crowded at that time but still the folks at the club were very different that the businessman/tourist crowd who stays at the hotel! Being 50-somethings we felt a bit out of place but enjoyed our martinis (don't even want to know what they cost, my friend expensed them, but judging by the fact that in the casual "breakfast area bar" downstairs a martini is $21, I shudder to think). If you are staying there on a night when there is no cover charge and you can go up early before there's a line, I would definitely check this place out for the views are breathtaking with floor to ceiling glass in some areas. It is something to see. And if you are a club-goer type then this is really a great hotel for you to stay at because you'll be right there!
But I digress from the hotel. I will absolutely stay there again. It is great value, great location, clean, near fun things, nice people. A favorite for the Times Square area., Though we took public transportation to the city, this hotel is also right across the street from Port Authority with the best deal on parking I've found in NYC so if you drive in check that out. I was torn about whether to give 4 or 5 stars because nothing is perfect and the location and tiny room thing are a bit of a drag. But because the price is so good, the location so convenient, and it is so clean and well-run, I gave it a 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square is a Times Square hotel offering 244 guest rooms in the heart of NYC. We provide guests with a Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Daily, Complimentary Starbucks Coffee available 24 hours a day, and in-room free High Speed Internet. Centrally located just minutes from Times Square, NYC's Theatre District, and the subway to take you anywhere throughout New York City, our Times Square hotel is perfect for a business or leisure trip to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square Hotel
- Fairfield Inn New York City