Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
World Hotel(New York City)
  • Free Internet
The Leon Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
U.S. Pacific Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mimosa(New York City)
View Hotel
Windsor Hotel(New York City)
Sohotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgrand stlower east sideyogurtsubway stationnew yorkfree breakfasteast villagethe breakfast areahotel is locatedminute walkwithin walking distanceaffordable hotelqueen bedfew blockscorner roomcar serviceeasy access
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The hotel has revelead a very good choice: the position is really convenient (located near the lines B and D and, some minutes away, even the brown lines J and Z), safe and almost quiet (though you certainly have to realize that it is not as fancy as the 5th avenue!).

Rooms are comfortable and very clean, as the whole structure is. As other recensors were pointing out, morning breakfast is complete but you have to be patient for a table, especially if you come down at "rush hour" (around 8am). Wi-Fi is included.

Staff is kind and helpful, and the hotel also gives you the opportunity to store your luggage after check-out (which is at 11am) until you leave for the airport.

Only con I encountered: if on your check-out date you need a taxi to the airport, do NOT accept the receptionist offer (which is indeed a sort of rental with driver, and not a taxi service): it costs you 60$ while with a normal cab you would pay 45$ (fixed price of ANY New York taxi on any ride between JFK and Manhattan).

When the last day I asked to call me a taxi at the reception, I was told that the service would cost me 60$. Being really late, I accepted without questions, but when I got home I found out that with a normal taxi I would have paid 45$!

There's nothing illegal, of course: 1) I was told in advance the price and I accepted (although I had explicitly asked for a taxi, they said "yes" and instead I was sent a "for hire vehicle" with no taximeter, no taxi sign on top of the vehicle or on the doors, in short a different - and more expensive - service) and 2) I was given a normal receipt, with the name of this normally registered company. But still..this means taking advantage of me being new to the city, and throwing in the toilet 15$ though obtaining exactly the very same service!

But apart from this final point, the hotel is really worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simo2512
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear Simo2512,
I like to take the opportunity to First Thank you for having chosen the Comfort Inn MB during your most recent visit to NYC. Your review and comments mean the world to us as we use this to gauge our level or service and guest satisfaction. Am a disturbed by the associate who arranged the car service for you. In NYC in general there is no method to call a Yellow taxi they can only be hailed in the street. We recommend the car service as it provides a method of convienence to not have to go out and search for a taxi. Please be assured that this will be addressed. But i would like you to contact me @ gm.ny355@choicehotels.com to make up for the money spent. Please visit us on Facebook.com to get updated promotions and special rate offers. I look forward in hearing from you.
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was my first time staying here and I really enjoyed it. We opted for one of the loft rooms that overlook the Manhattan bridge; I highly recommend this upgrade, it made for a unique experience (unless you have kids, lofts only have one queen bed). Hotel is very clean and modern and practically in the middle of Little Italy and Chinatown which was quite the cultural experience with a plethora of wonderful foods to try. Hotel is very accessable to the subway and within walking distance (within 30-40 min walk) of the Manhattan Bridge, World Trade Center, Brooklyn Bridge, and Battery Park (where you get on the boat for Statue of Liberty).

Travel Tip: You will be in the heart of Chinatown where many of the small family businesses do not accept credit cards so keeping a small amount of cash is a good idea.

Room Tip: Upgrade for one of the lofts. They arent much more expensive than a regular room. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MrAWill,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Comfort Inn Mb during your recent visit to NYC. Your positive review and stay is what we strive for each day with each guest. I see that you stayed in one of our LOFT rooms, the view is like no other. Our location is unique and adds a sense of community and heritage that you will not find in most NYC hotels located for Tourist. We hope that in the future return stay that you chose us again or any of your friends or family. Please contact me @ gm.ny355@choicehotels.com if you are interested in our Referral Program or follow us on Facebook.com for promotional discounts or specials.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is a great hotel. You'll definitely get more than what you pay for here. The hotel appears to have just been refurbished, and the rooms are amazing. The are large, clean, and have great views. I was lucky enough to be given a corner room on the 8th floor with a view of the Manhattan Bridge from one window, and the Financial District in the other direction. I cannot fault this hotel at all, and I'll definitely be recommending it to others that want to travel to New York.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Manhattan Bridge. The higher up, the better.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank J_blah_blah
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Dear FordRed89,
Thank you for chosing the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge during your most recent visit to NYC. Your comments and review of your stay mean the world to us here, our belief is Service, Value and Guest Excellence. Without this foundation there would be no You! (The Guest). So for this we Thank you! We like to invite you to join our "Referral Program" based on your positive recommendations to your friends and family in future stays. For more information please email me at gm.ny355@choicehotels.com. Please also use "LTRIPP" for any future reservations.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2012

What a great little hotel - have been to NYC on numerous occasions and for this trip we wanted somewhere reasonably cheap which was clean and comfortable. Room was a bit small but we couldnt complain as we got a great deal. 3 stops on underground to Macys which was great. Walking distance from Ground Zero (about 30 mins) - found a FAB restaurant/bistro en route - The Odean I think it was called - fab food and service. Food and drink in general is a bit on the expensive side overall.

Lovely breakfast in the hotel which is complimentary - hated the tea but then there is no tea like Barry;s tea from Ireland!! However the coffee was great. Also a lovely lady helped me with the waffle machine on the first morning (can;t remember her name but she was so friendly each morning) Hotel is absolutely spotless.

Lift broke down the day we were leaving - pitied those who were checking in!!

Would def recommend this hotel to friends and family if heading to NYC, We'll certainly return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shivers
gmny355, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear Shivers,
Thank you for having the chosen the Comfort Inn MB on your return trip to NYC. We are totally excited that your stay was everything you hoped for and more. Yes, the restaurant is called the Odeon located in TriBeCa, and the lovely attendants name is "Yan". I would Love to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team. Your review and comments are what we strive for everyday for the true guest experience. And for that we Thank you! Please we hope that on your return trip that you use "LTRIPP" when booking again or contact me at gm.ny355@choicehotels.com

sincerely,

Reviewed January 18, 2012

forgot to review this when i got back - went for st patricks day 2011 for 7nights - had a fab time hotel was great clean comfortable bathroom spotless and room size was fine - stayed on 14th floor which had great views of the bridge - the free breakfast was great and a fab way to start of ur day in the big apple - loved the free wifi as it allowed me to keep in contact with family for free - we arrived at 1pm and got checked in straight away and when we were leaving they kept our bags for us and organised a private taxi to take us to the airport - great hotel at a fantastic price wld defo recommend to friends and family and would return

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Chellybop,
Thank you staying and having chosen the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge in March 2011. Your positive reveiw and comments mean a get deal to us as it shows that our core value of standards are being achieved with you and other guests. We Especially like to Thank you for remembering in posting this review. We Hope that you will return again for St. Patty's Day this year, if so please mention "LTRIPP" when booking directly again.
Best Regards,