“A quiet jem”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Serge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: Subway 33 St. (6 train), 34 St. (R, V, F, D trains)
Description: Serge Restaurant is located in the shadow of the Empire State Building and brings you a warm touch of Gallic charm in a cosy and casual atmosphere. Original Artwork is displayed on the walls featuring upcoming artists. Enter the dining room and be transported to the country side featuring an authentic savoury and pleasing menu to delight your palate.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Always brought clients to lunch. This is the first time we went for dinner and we were not disappointed

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the best place! My husband and I have eaten here several times. Great food and service. The people are very friendly and welcoming. Best atmosphere-feels like you're in Paris.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Serge is located on Madison Avenue between 32nd and 33rd. The food was absolutely fabulous. Amongst my friends and myself, we had an array of different food which we all tasted. They have great pricing especially their all in one which includes everything from appetizer through dessert for under $30! You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Serge.
There was a good selection of traditional French dishes including Frogs Legs for those who like to try something unusual.
Apart from the great food, service and entertainment was provided by Serge himself.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I dined at Serge last night. The drinks were delicious, if pricey- especially compared with the price of the meals. E.g., the cocktails were about $14 each, where the prix fixe meal I had was $30. I started with a Ceasar's Salad - with anchovy, as it should be, thank you very much. Next was my large entree of mussels in white wine with pomme frites. My husband ordered the mussels (not on the prix fixe menu) as a starter- and impressively, it was the same size as my entree. For his entree, my husband had the rib eye steak and was very pleased with the generous portion.

So, great (although pricey) drinks, great food...and the atmosphere was very quaint- I felt like I was in a French bistro. Serge is filled with neighborhood charm (in the Murray Hill area), and not at all trendy. I believe that we were the only tourists at the restaurant. Other diners were older than us, and it seemed as if this was "their spot." It made me feel quite comfortable, like we had discovered a neighborhood treasure and were dining like the locals.

We were served by two charming and attentive waitresses. I would definitely return to this restaurant, and I'm sure that if I lived in NY, I would be dining here often.