“MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow. I was officially stunned by our experience. We got in line around 9:30 for a 12:30 showing and all went well. Our warm up guy, Joey was AMAZING. Great comedian. Always gave us a laugh. At 12:30 we were escorted into the studio, and we sat front and center which was exciting! We could not wait to see RR and find out who the guests were. When she came out to greet the audience, she was cold, even seemingly annoyed that she had to do the show. In fact, she said that she was on her 9th hour of her day because she did GMA earlier and still had two shows to record after this one. She complained! She rolled her eyes and was not at all the perky, spunky personality we've come to know on her show. After a few tapings we were able to see how she acted with her attentive staff. That was by far the most disheartening. She was firm- yes, but the real problem was her ungrateful attitude. She would roll her eyes at her staff and say things like 'well what do you expect me to do?' And 'well use your head...' Very upsetting. Clearly her staff was walking on eggshells around her and that was awful. I feel like Joey was trying to distract the audience between segments so that we wouldn't pay attention to her attitude. Very, very uncomfortable and at the end of the show RR again said that this is just the beginning of her day and we had to get out quickly so that the next batch of audience guests could come in. Thanks, RR. I won't be contributing to your viewership again.

Visited January 2014
128 Thank Jazzandmanny

harford ct
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“fun ,yet exhausting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I got my email surprisingly quick after I spoke to several other people at the show. The process was easy and we got there a couple of hour earlier than check in time. Yes we waited but there was a complimentary coffee and snacks truck alongside so that people can grab something while waiting in line. There are also plenty of great food truck to grab a bite. I read the other reviews before I went to get a general idea of what to expect. They do not serve food to you, its a free show, not a free meaUl.......
you are not guaranteed a ticket but that is why you go early. The only people to be refused entry were the people who did not read the email and showed up late for the morning show. They give you a check in time and tell you to arrive before that, some people thought that they could just walk in at the time. I assume the people at the end of the line also were refused entry. The studio is not big and I would assume they overbook because they are free and people sometimes dont show.....
You are escorted ito a holding room where there is water and snacks, not gourmet but very nice consideringi, again this is a free ticket. you can also use the restrooms.
The comedian/coordinator was GREAT. Very funny very clear and concise, makes is easy to understand what you need to do. They encourage you to use bathroom because once you are in, they dont want you to get up, this is a show taping.... I think that's fair.
Once inside you are seated in an orderly fashion there is really not a bad seat and from there you have alot of fun. We got some good prizes but still wouldve had a great time if I didnt get them.
After the show they try to get you out asap, no bathroom runs, I cant blame them, it would be chaos, anyway, its NC there are bathrooms all over!
Rachael was good and her guest were too, she is a professional, and it is work to her, she and her staff seemed to appreciate us participating, there were not autographs, etc, that was not what it was about, plus she was doing a booksigning later, if I really wanted to shake her hand I wouldve done that.
It was great, I would do it again and would recommend it to anyone, just dont plan on doing too many other things that day, it takes alot of time but I thought it was worth it!

Visited October 2013
7 Thank anniem4690
Brooklyn, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived 1 1/2 hours before the time on our tickets. There were already about 50 people on line with tickets and there was also a short stand-by line. While waiting in line they offered us coffee, bagels, and Krispy Kreme Donuts. Time went by quickly because everyone chatted and was so friendly. Once inside there were bottles of water and muffins. The whole operation was very organized. Some folks who were behind us on line were placed closer to the stage. Seating seemed random but is a mystery. There are usually guest stars on the show but you do not know who you are seeing on a particular day. Sometimes there are audience gifts. Rachael was so warm and interacted with the audience. She seemed to really appreciate that we were there.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lynn Z
Brooklyn, New York
400 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 658 helpful votes
“She is so sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Girl day out in NYC for a tapering of The Rachael Ray Show. The warm up guy was great! Rachael Ray is very sweet, she was addressing the audience even during the commercials breaks. She made everyone feel welcome. If that wasn't cool enough, after the show we were asked to watch a tapering of the Wendy Williams show that tapes next door. I just requested tickets for both shows again.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank Wanda C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“What a horrible experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

It all started when I received the email confirmation that I got the tickets. And was so excited for my mother who loves Rachel Ray and that finally she was going to see her in person. We all woke up very early at 6:30am to start getting ready and heading out for an exciting day. Got in line for two hours. The three girls who are in charge to make sure everyone had there tickets in hand and look up there names. Everything looked like it was going well. As soon as we approach the door there were two women in front of us. And one of them had on flip flops (really). There dress code indicate in capital letters very clear that if they see anyone not following there dress code will be "deny entry" and that didn't happened. The girls who are checking for everyone name should also check for who is not following the "dress code" didn't check for any one who not following the rules Unbelievable. Then what is the point of making sure that the message is heard. If they are not going by what they say. Whatever Moving on, as we waited the two women in front of us walked into the studio. And as I thought and saying to my dear mother who was a bit nervous "are you ready ma' for Rachel Ray". (Big smiles)
Anyway we didn't get to go in after the other two went in. The girl started handing out the paper. Yes "the paper" which said sorry blah blah blah. In others words " you didn't make it in". How nice and wonderful to hear exactly what you don't want to see or hear after making it all the way down there and not Given the opportunity to be apart of the show. Just because they overbooked. And when i asked the girl, What happened she said "oh so sorry we are over the capacity" Which is a lie. Becuase as soon as she said that she let in 5 extra people. "Over the capacity" yeah righ!!

I am very disappointed with every single thing that went on today. Not only to see my mother not happy but more upset that she didn't get the chance. And no I will NOT GO BACK after this. "Guarantee Tickets" doesn't mean you are guarantee that this won't happened again. I had gone to The View and also David letterman shows. And did not have to go through something like this. And just add one more thing they need to be a bit more organized. And greet there fan to make exciting for the member who attend this show. I give this a big fat ZERO!

Visited September 2013