“fun ,yet exhausting”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“fun ,yet exhausting”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I got my email surprisingly quick after I spoke to several other people at the show. The process was easy and we got there a couple of hour earlier than check in time. Yes we waited but there was a complimentary coffee and snacks truck alongside so that people can grab something while waiting in line. There are also plenty of great food truck to grab a bite. I read the other reviews before I went to get a general idea of what to expect. They do not serve food to you, its a free show, not a free meaUl.......
you are not guaranteed a ticket but that is why you go early. The only people to be refused entry were the people who did not read the email and showed up late for the morning show. They give you a check in time and tell you to arrive before that, some people thought that they could just walk in at the time. I assume the people at the end of the line also were refused entry. The studio is not big and I would assume they overbook because they are free and people sometimes dont show.....
You are escorted ito a holding room where there is water and snacks, not gourmet but very nice consideringi, again this is a free ticket. you can also use the restrooms.
The comedian/coordinator was GREAT. Very funny very clear and concise, makes is easy to understand what you need to do. They encourage you to use bathroom because once you are in, they dont want you to get up, this is a show taping.... I think that's fair.
Once inside you are seated in an orderly fashion there is really not a bad seat and from there you have alot of fun. We got some good prizes but still wouldve had a great time if I didnt get them.
After the show they try to get you out asap, no bathroom runs, I cant blame them, it would be chaos, anyway, its NC there are bathrooms all over!
Rachael was good and her guest were too, she is a professional, and it is work to her, she and her staff seemed to appreciate us participating, there were not autographs, etc, that was not what it was about, plus she was doing a booksigning later, if I really wanted to shake her hand I wouldve done that.
It was great, I would do it again and would recommend it to anyone, just dont plan on doing too many other things that day, it takes alot of time but I thought it was worth it!

Visited October 2013
7 Thank anniem4690

Brooklyn, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived 1 1/2 hours before the time on our tickets. There were already about 50 people on line with tickets and there was also a short stand-by line. While waiting in line they offered us coffee, bagels, and Krispy Kreme Donuts. Time went by quickly because everyone chatted and was so friendly. Once inside there were bottles of water and muffins. The whole operation was very organized. Some folks who were behind us on line were placed closer to the stage. Seating seemed random but is a mystery. There are usually guest stars on the show but you do not know who you are seeing on a particular day. Sometimes there are audience gifts. Rachael was so warm and interacted with the audience. She seemed to really appreciate that we were there.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lynn Z
Brooklyn, New York
409 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 669 helpful votes
“She is so sweet”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Girl day out in NYC for a tapering of The Rachael Ray Show. The warm up guy was great! Rachael Ray is very sweet, she was addressing the audience even during the commercials breaks. She made everyone feel welcome. If that wasn't cool enough, after the show we were asked to watch a tapering of the Wendy Williams show that tapes next door. I just requested tickets for both shows again.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank Wanda C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“What a horrible experience!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It all started when I received the email confirmation that I got the tickets. And was so excited for my mother who loves Rachel Ray and that finally she was going to see her in person. We all woke up very early at 6:30am to start getting ready and heading out for an exciting day. Got in line for two hours. The three girls who are in charge to make sure everyone had there tickets in hand and look up there names. Everything looked like it was going well. As soon as we approach the door there were two women in front of us. And one of them had on flip flops (really). There dress code indicate in capital letters very clear that if they see anyone not following there dress code will be "deny entry" and that didn't happened. The girls who are checking for everyone name should also check for who is not following the "dress code" didn't check for any one who not following the rules Unbelievable. Then what is the point of making sure that the message is heard. If they are not going by what they say. Whatever Moving on, as we waited the two women in front of us walked into the studio. And as I thought and saying to my dear mother who was a bit nervous "are you ready ma' for Rachel Ray". (Big smiles)
Anyway we didn't get to go in after the other two went in. The girl started handing out the paper. Yes "the paper" which said sorry blah blah blah. In others words " you didn't make it in". How nice and wonderful to hear exactly what you don't want to see or hear after making it all the way down there and not Given the opportunity to be apart of the show. Just because they overbooked. And when i asked the girl, What happened she said "oh so sorry we are over the capacity" Which is a lie. Becuase as soon as she said that she let in 5 extra people. "Over the capacity" yeah righ!!

I am very disappointed with every single thing that went on today. Not only to see my mother not happy but more upset that she didn't get the chance. And no I will NOT GO BACK after this. "Guarantee Tickets" doesn't mean you are guarantee that this won't happened again. I had gone to The View and also David letterman shows. And did not have to go through something like this. And just add one more thing they need to be a bit more organized. And greet there fan to make exciting for the member who attend this show. I give this a big fat ZERO!

Visited September 2013
42 Thank Babylove80
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for a taping on may 7th. Got in line at 10:30 for a 12:30 start time. There were about 15 people ahead of us. At about 1:00 they started letting us in and told us we won't get out until4:30. They also tell you that once you are in the studio you can not leave. So we were inside the studio for 3 hours. They filmed lots of segments. Built it up to be such a great show and told us that it was the show that everyone wanted to be at!! We couldn't imagine what it could be. It turned out o be emiril and Liza Minnelli. We went home with a copy of cabaret.
I have gone to the view, the chew, kelly&michael, letterman... This was the worst. Not worth the time and money to get there. You also were not permitted to use their restrooms after the show. They make you sit through all that and treat you with little respect at the end. See the chew. So much nicer and respectful to their audience.

Visited May 2013