“Wasted my day!”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wasted my day!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

So we got the "tix" to see RR and were so excited to go! I took off from work and slept over my friend's house to get the 7:45am bus into the city during the President's visit to the UN (TRAFFIC). So we get in and take a cab over there and get in line. All was looking good until we realized that we were in line for the 12 taping and other were there for the 10am.

So, as a rule follower, I asked the intern, Jessica, what to do and she told us to leave the line and come back at 11:15am...which should be plenty of time. So, we do that...except when we got back, they overbooked the show and wouldn't let us in. I tried to speak to/about Jessica but the other interns claimed not to know who she was...even though they were both outside checking people in together.

I think overbooking your show is wrong. Why can't they guarantee the tix and then have extras for anyone who doesn't show up? It really is a terrible way to treat your fans that make all this effort to come and see you. So they give you "guaranteed tix" but you have to reapply for them and THEY tell you what day you can come in on. I assure you, I won't take another day from work, just to stand on line and be treated like that again.

Visited September 2011
13 Thank gpec24

Connecticut, US
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“What a fun experience.”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My sister and I went to a filming of the Rachael Ray show. I had requested tickets online and got the email saying I got tickets about 6 months later. It was a super fun day, but very long and there was a lot of waiting. Tickets were not guarenteed so I was sure to get there early and waited in the line outside the studio. Rachael Ray was super friendly to the audience and very interactive. If you have the time and opportunity I would definitely recommend this.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Kat1999
boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“cooking with Rachael Ray”
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We arrived on the assigned day 1and half hours early and stood in line a long time. When people from the show did come outside we noticed they were picking people from the line and letting them in. It didn't take long to figure out they were picking nice looking people and seating them where they would get camera time. We were the last people told to come in when it was opened to us regular looking folks! Many people, who had tickets, were sent away. They need to find a bigger studio- she is so popular now. The comedian who "warmed" us up was funny. There were trivia games and I was chosen for one and won some hair products. We were told we'd be part of 3 different shows so there were costume changes for Rachael. It wasn't easy to view the shows we had taken part in as the season progressed because there 3 of them. We enjoyed Danny DeVito and I got to shake his hand! I felt he was more approachable than Rachael. We chose an afternoon taping. If I were to do this again, which is unlikely, I'd choose a morning taping when she wasn't so tired. But it was a first for me and I did find it interesting.

8 Thank tmdl48