“A New Yorker enjoys being a tourist!”
Review of New York Fun Tours

Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food and Culture Tour
Ranked #62 of 610 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Providing unique and fun ways to experience the individual character of Manhattan's popular downtown neighborhoods and Brooklyn. Different and distinctive from large, impersonal group tours, New York Fun Tours will take you on chauffeured journeys through the most historic and thriving neighborhoods. Each tour can be tailored to your interests, and it is our main goal that at the end of your trip, you leave with a sense of the city, and a greater knowledge of the city and its culture.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
“A New Yorker enjoys being a tourist!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I celebrated my bday with a friend on this tour and it was my favorite present! I am from Manhattan but don't know bklyn. Isaac was such a fun, open, and interesting tour guide. He likes to talk which is a great quality for a guide. Our group was small, which was perfect. We all got to know and enjoy each other. I met people from England, Australia, Texas, Bejjing, and Gremany. We tried all different food and got to see a lot of bklyn by not staying in just one area. What was especially fun was on our way out of Manhattan we passed a place with the first knishes in America. Isaac asked us if we'd like to stop and since we all wanted to he just said "Great, so we'll just be a little later getting back." He was so easy going and you could tell he really likes what he does. I highly recommend this tour.... In fact, I already have!

Visited April 2014

“Brooklyn food tour was a true highlight!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Isaac is an amazing guide and did a really great job showing us the highlights of Brooklyn food. Polish, Jewish,Italian, French, Cuban… All were unique, authentic and delicious food experiences. The group itself had a great rapport, and Isaac at the helm made it all come together perfectly. Superbly organized, well selected destinations, inviting and informative- this is a great way to spend the day rain or shine. I can attest that you will not leave hungry - we ate so well that we even skipped dinner that night. Enjoy!

san francisco, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Neighborhood treasures revealed”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 hours with Isaac exploring Brooklyn neighborhoods. He is knowledgeable, pleasant and FUN! We learned so much! The different foods we tasted were delicious! A wonderful way to spend a day in N.Y.

Visited April 2014
london, england
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I managed to squeeze in the "A literary Walking Tour of New York City" on the last morning of my stay in New York, and was glad I did!
Ianto, the tour guide was very knowledgeable on the area and we visited not only the main sites of interest but also took in many of the beautiful back-streets of bohemian Greenwich Village that no guidebooks even acknowledge!
The tour started at St. Luke in the Fields church, where Dylan Thomas' funeral took place in 1953.
We moved on to the restaurants, cafes and bars which were frequented by the likes of Dylan Thomas, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg and William Burroughs, with stops for readings of Dylan Thomas's works. Then on to the venues on Bleeker Street where Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Springsteen first performed. On through Washington Square, in the New York University district, the two-hour tour finished at the famous White Horse Tavern, where you can drink and eat surrounded by some fine Dylan Thomas memorabilia.

Visited March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“NYC Trip Highlight”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a great experience on the tour 3/24/14. I'm vegetarian, and there were awesome accommodations me except on the last stop, at which I was too full to eat anyway. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014