“great steak and gentle manager”

Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #450 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Within three blocks of the B, D, E, F, M, N, Q, R subways and walking distance to 1 and 2 subways.
Description: "The Best Steakhouse in New York City," where superior quality and obsessive dedication to craft are the norm. Said by many to have the best steak in New York, Uncle Jack's is proud to have served some of the world's most educated and discriminating food connoisseurs.Since its inception in 1996, Uncle Jack's has become legendary for unsurpassed consistency and quality. Serving the best steak in New York means featuring the finest USDA Prime Beef, cut to our exact specifications and aged between 28-35 days. World famous Kobe steaks, and a full menu of the finest foods available, are just a few more reasons why Uncle Jack's has become a steakhouse landmark without equal.
Brussels, Belgium
“great steak and gentle manager”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I went to this place at late time just arriving from Europe and spend 1 night in new York.

They accepted me to arrive afther 10 in the evening even when the place looked ready for closure.
I enjoyed the Steak tartar in combination with the wasabi. The ribeyesteak also was delicious
The manager is costumer minded and will not put you out of the door if you need to wait for a while.
It is not cheap but now and then i guess you should tread yourself some pleaure

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Genieterke188644

• Hebrew first
Kaufman, Texas
“Uncle Jack's Steakhouse”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We needed a good meal on a rainy night and this was only a few blocks away from our hotel. I had filet mignon which was perfect. Wonderful ambiance with upper end food. $35-$45 for most entrees. Our only complaint was losing one of our umbrellas from the umbrella stand, although they said they would watch it. On the other hand we lost two more the next night. I guess we should just start taking other umbrellas when ours is missing. Anyway, go to this restaurant for an excellent meal!

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Jack is back”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went to this restaurant on a group on certificate to see if we would like it. The food was very good. Service was efficient, but the restaurant had not ambiance. It was in a very touristy area, which was ok, but something did not feel like I was in a steak house.

Visited June 2014
Bernville, Pennsylvania
“As Willie Degel says, "the best service in the world"”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

As fans of Willie Degel's Restaurant Stakeout, a buddy from work and I traveled 2 1/2 hours to experience "the greatest service in the world" on a Saturday at 6 pm. We had a distinguished, grey haired gentleman with glasses on the 2nd floor. He was professional and attentive. He immediately asked if we had to make a show, and I regret I answered no. The sommelier was also attentive, but not intrusive, and the waiter's assistant continually refilled your water glass when it was half empty. That being said, admitting that we did not have a show to catch was a mistake. The time between appetizers and the main course must have been 1/2 hour. Although my filet was good, I would not call it excellent. The best filet I ever had was at SW Steakhouse in Vegas. I still dream of that steak years later. All in all it was an enjoyable time, but not quite as extraordinary as I expected. The wine I picked, Emblem Cabernet Souvignon, 2011, was an excellent choice, and I thought a good value for the money.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jcfeg
medford
“Great food/Great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We recently had a most wonderful Saturday lunch at the bar, at this most wonderful and welcoming Manhattan gem. Our bartender/server, Ritchie, was most attentive and couldn't do enough to keep us happy. The food was fabulous and the entire experience would bring us back in a New York second!!

Visited July 2014