“Always wondered what the restaurant above Cheers bar was like!!”

Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #441 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Within three blocks of the B, D, E, F, M, N, Q, R subways and walking distance to 1 and 2 subways.
Description: "The Best Steakhouse in New York City," where superior quality and obsessive dedication to craft are the norm. Said by many to have the best steak in New York, Uncle Jack's is proud to have served some of the world's most educated and discriminating food connoisseurs.Since its inception in 1996, Uncle Jack's has become legendary for unsurpassed consistency and quality. Serving the best steak in New York means featuring the finest USDA Prime Beef, cut to our exact specifications and aged between 28-35 days. World famous Kobe steaks, and a full menu of the finest foods available, are just a few more reasons why Uncle Jack's has become a steakhouse landmark without equal.
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Always wondered what the restaurant above Cheers bar was like!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stepping into Uncle Jacks was like a step back in time. Although it was easily our most expensive meal of the week, it was probably the best value. Service was prompt although at times it was over the top and a bit obtrusive. Food was excellent and a consistent level of satisfaction, which for our group of six was a first!! Everything from my black and blue fillet to the well done hockey puck my mother in law ordered!! Again the wine list was littered with some of the best from the US and from Europe but you had to work hard to select something under $60. As an overall experience it was very good but service could do with being a little looser and less formal!! Relax guys, we're here to enjoy ourselves and we've been to a restaurant before!!

• Hebrew first
Ireland
“Another great experience ”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

After been to this restaurant for our New York wedding in July 2012 we returned for our 4th visit to uncle jacks. We come back on our holidays to NYC and hasn't disappointed us yet . Wine is lovely atmosphere even better . My husband got the 16oz filet mignon and I got the chicken Marsala both were lovely . The staff are so attentive here. Even though it was a tad expensive, for us it's a treat when we go back to ny and love it because of our wedding memories ❤️

“Very good food but expensive”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary dinner while on vacation. As soon as we walked in the door, I was struck by how beautiful this place is. The wait staff is incredibly attentive and busy busy busy. It was almost distracting there were so many of them. The maple bacon appetizer was PHENOMENAL. If you are curious as to what $18 bacon tastes like, I can tell you. It will knock your socks off. No joke. I paid $18 for four strips of bacon and not one part of me regrets it. It was delicious. You can also get it chopped up in the garlic mashed potatoes. Man, that was delicious! We ordered the porterhouse for two. It should be relabeled to read "Porterhouse big enough for a small army". It was so big that it didn't cook uniformly so parts were too raw when others were charred. Overall, the food was pretty good (minus the bacon which was EXCELLENT!) the wait staff was incredibly attentive, and the atmosphere was very elegant. I would recommend against the porterhouse for two unless you are ordering it for four.
I would go again but order a different meal next time I think.

Visited February 2014
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Uncle Jack practices what he preaches”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We happened to be around the Central Park area that day and, with no specific plans for dinner, wandered around the area as that is sometimes the best way to discover new "gotta go back" restaurant finds. Uncle Jacks was one of those places.
I heard of the name from the Food Network show that he was a part of. His "take no prisoner" attitude on t.v. seemed to indicate that his restaurants would live up to the stringent requirements when it comes to customer service and second to none food quality and presentation.
When you walk in you get the feeling of a warm, comfortable environment where excellent food will be served here. From the low lighting to the beautiful wooden bar that greets you when you enter to the bustling but quite environment you say to yourself, "I think we picked a winner here". Although we didn't have reservations, the staff was most accommodating and asked if we'd mind waiting about a half an hour (there was 4 of us all together). We had expected some wait for sure as the restaurant was busy even for the middle of the week. We had cocktails at the bar from a very friendly and knowledgeable bar tender. Drink prices were fair (about $10.00 each) for this part of town and not skimpy in size or alcohol content.
We were seated upstairs. Again, environment was classy with subdued lighting and noise levels at a comfortable level, especially considering the restaurant was full.
As for the food, we had dishes ranging from seafood to their amazing Filet Mignon. I ordered the 10 oz. and my wife the 14oz. Cooked to perfection (medium rare) with a beautiful and very flavorful sear on the outside. Mashed potatoes and vegetables perfect as well. Wait staff attentive but not overbearing. Nobody is rushed out here. The only food negative was the amount of lobster meat you get with the lobster appetizer. There was literally no lobster on the tail and had to be scraped to get any off at all. I should have sent them back. My fault on that count. Other than that, entire experience was wonderful from cocktails to dinner to desert to an obviously very well trained staff. I would compare it to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House in Manhattan. Would highly recommend and I assume all of his steak house locations offer the same level of excellence.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank William0731
Coudersport, PA
“Woowza on the portion size!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This food here was exactly what we expected...delicious! The portion size however was out of control. You can easily share an entree and be well satisfied. The wait staff recommended this but we did not listen. :( So we did have munchies that evening when we got back to the hotel :) Wait staff was very attentive, almost too attentive. Great clean atmosphere, wonderful food and polite and attentive wait staff.

• Visited February 2014