“Service was outstanding . . .”

Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Jack's Steakhouse - Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #458 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: Within three blocks of the B, D, E, F, M, N, Q, R subways and walking distance to 1 and 2 subways.
Description: "The Best Steakhouse in New York City," where superior quality and obsessive dedication to craft are the norm. Said by many to have the best steak in New York, Uncle Jack's is proud to have served some of the world's most educated and discriminating food connoisseurs.Since its inception in 1996, Uncle Jack's has become legendary for unsurpassed consistency and quality. Serving the best steak in New York means featuring the finest USDA Prime Beef, cut to our exact specifications and aged between 28-35 days. World famous Kobe steaks, and a full menu of the finest foods available, are just a few more reasons why Uncle Jack's has become a steakhouse landmark without equal.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stopped in for dinner after the NYC boat show last night. Had a quick drink at the bar, then the table was ready. As the title says the service began and it was totally outstanding. For apps we had lump crab cocktail and Kobe meatballs, both were very good. Next was the Caesar Salad, not the highlight of the meal and was taken off the bill as the waiter saw it had hardly been touched and inquired about it. For there entrees we had the prime rib and 20oz strip steak, both were fantastic. The side dish was the garlic mashed potatoes they were absolutely unbelievable maybe the best I ever had. All in all a very good meal with unbelievable service.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have no complaints about the food. It's NYC and a steakhouse has to be good to survive. The steak here is pretty good as is everything else I had. I would go here again. The service was attentive but it was confusing b/c several different servers/bussers/food-runners/captains/etc came to the table. I hate to say it, but it's actually possible to be too attentive bc one staff member doesn't know where our table was with another. So one person takes a drink order and then another comes and asks for our drink order. That happened on a couple other occasions. Overall, a good steakhouse. But service is important for me too.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our hotel staff recommended this restaurant to us. Service was good (a bit pushy) and the surroundings were gorgeous although I did not enjoy the food at all. Not sure why this was but I had meatballs for starters and chicken for main. Both were awful and I hardly touched them. My partner had meatballs and a steak and he really enjoyed his. I would also say this is a very overpriced restaurant (you order a steak expecting it to come with chips or veg) but the steak comes on its own and you have to order sides separately. Staff could also see I didn't eat my meals but never asked why or if we enjoyed.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

just your basic steak joint. nothing outstanding or memorable. nothing you couldn,t cook on the grill in your backyard.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We called in to this Steakhouse / Bar for a drink, and had an enjoyable bar snack with a glass of wine. The atmosphere was great, with a good buzz about the place so we decided to book a table for the following night.

I love steak, and I had to try their Prime Rib Chop (AKA the Fred Flintstone!). 28 ounces of perfectly cooked meat, accompanied by creamed spinach and sautéed asparagus. It was fantastic, and my wife's slightly smaller 10ounce filet mignon was equally perfectly cooked.

The waiter was excellent, and added to the already great evening we had and we would definitely eat here again if we were in New York.

1  Thank Robinwood5