“this place i did not like.”
Review of Padre Figlio - CLOSED

Padre Figlio
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Transit: We are located just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal. You can take the 4, 5 or 6 to 42nd Street/Grand Central Station. You can also take the local Bus on Third Avenue, going north or Lexington Avenue, going south.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“this place i did not like.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were looking for someplace to eat so we came across a person who gave a card for this place he said you can have a free sweet if you hand this card in do not be fooled we were smothmered by the manager had no choice with the menu did not want to spend to much but when the bill came we were even charged for our sweet and my veal was so big we paid a 147. 18 dollars

• Visited June 2013

“Huge portions, right price with Groupon”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to Padre Figlio on our last night visiting the city. We had a groupon that included two appetizers, two entrees, two desserts, and two coffees. The decor is a little dark, but there was plenty of light to eat by. We sat in the covered porch area. Our hostess was friendly, our waiter was available when we needed him and not overbearing (which we like). My husband had the calamari, which was very good and not chewy at all. He did ask for it spicy but it wasn't very. Still good. I had the lobster bisque, which had a very good flavor and lots of lobster in it. Portions for both appetizers were enormous. For entrees, hubby had spaghetti fruitti de mare, and it was HUGE. Gigantic mussels, shrimp, scallops, clams, and more. He asked for this spicy and it was definitely spicy. I had the salmon mueneire. Once again, gigantic.. potatoes served with it were crispy and seasoned well. Green beans and carrots were cooked well. Not mushy. My only complaint is that there were far too many capers on my salmon. For dessert, cannolis and chocolate mousse cake - both delicious. I would go back to Padre's if I had another groupon. I disagree with some others about the value of the groupon... I thought it was a great value for all that was received.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Like other reviewers on this site, we went to Padre Figlio with Groupon in hand. We chose our meals from selections on the special limited menu for coupons like Groupon (as well as Living Social and a few others). I think the value was just about right for the price of the groupon ($59) plus a little extra and tip ($42). For that, we had appetizers (calamari, smoked salmon), main course (skirt steak, sole), dessert and coffee. The portions were very generous, and we walked out with two doggie bags in hand. The food was good but not outstanding. Service was good until we received our food; getting someone's attention to order dessert/coffee and then the bill was a bit of a challenge. The restaurant was fairly busy on a Wednesday night, and a little noisy in the low-ceilinged room. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, looking for a meal, this would be a reasonable choice.

1 Thank DivineMissMaja
The Netherlands
“Excellent for lunch - but beware the price of the special!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very nice lunch with a colleague - we needed time to speak but wanted to do so with a good glass of wine and a good lunch. This we succeeded in doing, but the special that they advised us to take was very expensive, which of course we only discovered when we asked for the bill.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wintberg53
freeport
“Wonderful Old World Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was my second visit to PF and I enjoyed it even more that the previous visit. I recommended this for a business meeting with my new manager and an important client. We were all warmly greeted upon arrival, and seated comfortably at a round table with more than ample room for the generous portions of food, and wine.

Though the menu looked a bit sparce and predictable, it was complimented by a long list of specials with some very interesting selections of seafood (Madegasgar Giant Prawns w Lump Blue Crab, Branzino (boned table side), Grilled Pulpo (Octopus) as well as game meats (Ostrich, and Bison).
Our waiter helped to select a delightful and reasonably priced Chianti, then timed each course perfectly for a comfortably paced business dinner. I personally ordered a divine chilled seafood and endive salad, followed by the housemade Black (tinta) Linguine, with Maine Lobster Fra Diavlo- both with the finest ingredients, expertly prepared and served at just the right temp.
Overall, we had an enjoyable and productive dinner meeting and were not rushed despite being at the table for over 2.5 hours.
I highly recommend Padre Figlio for both food and hospitability.

• Visited May 2013