“Lovely steak”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Beach & Hubert
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is steak. We were here for our niece's birthday party. We had the back tables facing the little courtyard at 4:30pm, so it wasn't crowded yet. Everything that came to the table was delicious. From the mozzarella & tomatoes, to the rib eye, mash potatoes, and creamed spinach. Yes, the atmosphere is very old school with the dark wood, but your taste buds will be very happy. The staff was very cordial and helpful.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great, great steak, but the key is to start off with a thick, cut with a knife and fork strip of bacon, and side the meat up with a cooked to perfection (assuming you like crispy burnt end potatoes) side order of German potatoes. If you're solo on business, or whatever, sit at the bar and hope you're lucky enough to have the incomporably wonderful Ralph serve you. By far the best steakhouse in NYC, and this location the best of the best.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great steak and accompanying dishes coupled with an extensive wine menu. I recommend the bacon starter and porterhouse main course.

My only criticism is that the waiters can come across as a tad pretentious and snobby..... Something for the management to consider perhaps.

Otherwise a great atmosphere for a business, family or intimate meal.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

4.5 Note to self: must put awful company of former crazy colleagues at this 'team dinner' out of my mind entirely while writing this review.

Thank you Wolfgang for having REALLY good food. It is the only thing that saved the night! (good service too). After recently visiting Peter Luger's, I have to say this place was very similar. The steak tasted pretty much the same, the sea bass was good, I loved the German potatoes, creamed spinach and mushrooms. They even had the same bread rolls! The pies were delicious (pecan especially) and I figured I had already consumed 48,000 calories between drinking myself silly to be able to deal with the company, and overeating because everything was soo good, I had to skip the hot fudge sundae with the shlag - just like at Luger's!

Pompous, smug ex-boss who ended up firing some of the team the very next day after this dinner feels he is the King of TriBeca. He raved about every high-end restaurant in his neighborhood as being 'the best'. All of them I tried sucked. Overpriced, pretentious places for people who don't know truly good cooking.
Good thing we convinced him to go to Wolfgangs.
This is THE only good meal I've had at a TriBeca restaurant ever.

I just hope the next time it is with company I enjoy.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to wolfgangs in midtown. We had no reservation, and the host was very helpful. Gave us an exact time to be seated, and came and found us at the bar on time. We had porterhouse steak that was cooked to perfection. Really enjoyed the creamed spinach and german potatoes as well.

1  Thank myt68